IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Reality Of Spiritual Teaching In Islam.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Reality Of Spiritual Teaching In Islam.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Reality Of Spiritual Teaching In Islam.
    Posted: 02 May 2022 at 3:47am
  As-Salaam alaikum,
   Receiving spiritual teaching from a distance came to be called the Uwaisi  Transmission of Knowledge, [so named] after the contemporary of the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, Uwais al-Qarni, may Allah be Merciful to him, whom Allah would teach the Prophet's Sunnah from a distance; He would show him the events unfolding the the Prophet's life [in Madinah] even though he lived in Yemen.
  Teaching someone spiritually can be done by an Angel, Jinn, a Prophet or a Wali, all of which reside in the same unseen world, the Barzakh.
  The Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, confirmed the reality of receiving knowledge spiritually, not simply for himself but for others when he said:--
         "While I was sleeping, I was given a bowl full of milk
         (in a dream), and I drank of it to my fill until I noticed
         its wetness coming out of my nails, and then I gave the
         rest of it to Umar. They (his companions) asked, 'What
         have you interpreted (about the dream)? O Allah's Apostle?'
         He said, Knowledge."  (Bukhari).

Umar Ibn al-Khattab, may Allah be pleased with him, was another to receive knowledge spiritually like Uwais al-Qarni, Umar was given true inspiration. The Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:-

"In the nations long before you were people who were spoken 
      to [by the angels] although they were not Prophets. If there is
      anyone of them in my community, truly it is Umar Ibn 
     al-Khattab."   The Prophet also said:--

"Allah has engraved truth on the tongue of Umar and his heart."

Imam al-Tirmidhi said that according to Ibn Uyayna, "spoken to" (muhaddathun) means "made to understand" (mufahhamun), while in his narration Imam Muslim added: "Ibn Wahb explained 'Spoken to' as 'Inspired' (mulham)".

This is the majority's opinion according to Imam Ibn Hajjar who said: "Spoken to" means 'by the angels'. And still on 'spoken to', Imam Bukhari said: "Truth comes from their tongues." This hadith contains a confirmation of the miracles of the Saints... the Awliyaa... Karamat al-Awliya.

kojicraps View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kojicraps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2023 at 9:45am
Still, we have to admit at some point that there's something spiritual in this world, but only God can save us.
EricTaylor55 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricTaylor55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2023 at 5:18pm
I found your post really fascinating, especially the concept of the Uwaisi Transmission of Knowledge and the connection to Uwais al-Qarni. It's amazing how Allah would teach the Prophet's Sunnah from a distance through him. The mention of angels in Imam Ibn Hajjar's opinion and the idea of ""Truth comes from their tongues"" by Imam Bukhari is thought-provoking.

It's intriguing to consider how this hadith confirms the miracles of the Saints, the Awliyaa, and their Karamat. The spiritual world is full of wonders and mysteries. Speaking of unique spiritual perspectives, I couldn't help but think about the spiritual meaning of slugs. They might seem insignificant, but like Uwais al-Qarni, they carry hidden wisdom if we look closely."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic