IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female No religion
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hijab question
    Posted: 09 March 2022 at 11:58am
Good evening
I am a non muslim, but my husband is Muslim. I have many questions that could never been answered.
One of my questions is : why do men do not have to wear the hijab? According to the explanations of Muslim People, women wear it because it protect them from bad look g of men, and also to show themselves only to their husband. What I don't understand, is why men don't protect themselves from the looks of the women? Because if the religion admits that womens hair is something Beautifull as a temptation, why it deny that it's the same  fir men? We look at the men, at their hair, their arms, chest etc... Not only me, all women. We will talk about the guys and about how they look, if they are handsome, sexy etc...
Please understand that this is not a provocation but really a question. I beg respect when you answer, and I would be so thankful if someone who really knows the subject could answer me. Please dont  answer if you are not sure, and if you don't know the subject good.
Thank you so much and I wich everyone a good and peaceful evening. 
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2022 at 8:07am
Lissa View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female No religion
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2022 at 10:07pm
Ok thank you for the answer.
So according to hin, "men are more attracted to women then women are attracted from men"... So all women are punished and have to cover from head to feet as men only from shoulder to knee?
And I know what I am talking about when I say punishment, pI had to wear it in Iran and Saudi Arabia... And believe me it was so hot...it was a nightmare, That it was really a punishment.
Why women have to suffer more then men just because Allah made  men "more weak" to beauty of women (according to what he says)...
We are punished because we are Beautifull and you are weak? So we are punished just because we are born like this?  The one should be punished is the one who causes the harm. I think this rule is not fare. 
If you don't belive me, try to wear abaja and hijab while it's 38 degrees ...without complaining. I wish someone could understand me.
 This is the reason why I never want my daughter become a Muslim.
.I wish I would feel different, but I feel God prefer men because all the excuses in the world to make women suffer more then men. This makes me so sad and angry,deep iny heart. My husband is Muslim, I am not. I wish I could embrace the same religion one day, but I have to be honest, and more the time passes and less I feel I could. 
I wish I could, at least for our future children... 

But at least there is an answer, so thank you for this. It makes me feel a litle bit peace 
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2022 at 4:45am
Originally posted by Lissa Lissa wrote:

One of my questions is : why do men do not have to wear the hijab? According to the explanations of Muslim People, women wear it because it protect them from bad look g of men...

Hi Lissa,

I don't mean to offend ANYONE!... so please do not be offended by my answers in any way.

This is a long subject so I will try to summarize it in a few points.

1. You are asking this question from the western point of view of 'Equality of the Genders'... which is wrong and unfair. in fact, the fact that western women have in recent years/decades/centuries asked for 'Total Equality' is the worst thing that they have ever done to themselves... equality benefits men and gets them off the hook of responsibility, it does not do any favours to women... this has forced the 'modern woman' to stand on her own feet, depend solely on herself and be 'falsely independent'... couples have become more like 'flat-mates' and relationships more like 'business contract arrangements'... as a result her femininity (i.e. her biggest asset) is now lost to superficiality. Islam is about 'Fairness and Justice', based on respect for both genders rather than the misleading myth of 'Total Equality'. 

2. What's more: Western women (and Feminist Movements) are selective when they ask for 'Equality'... for example: when the Titanic was sinking and someone shouted (quite rightly of course) "women first onto the lifeboats", no woman said "oh no, it's equality, it should be equal numbers of men and women onto the lifeboats"... In other words: They only use the 'Equality' card when it suits them to do so.

3. Men and women are different... physically... as well as everything else... therefore you don't expect all of the instructions (given to both of them by their Creator Allah SWT Who knows them both very well) to be exactly the same... it would not be Just nor Fair.

4. Because all aspects of beauty are generally more pronounced and visible in women than men (and I am not talking about apparent physical beauty only here)... and also because modern women have become more 'out there' in all walks of Work and Industry... it has become more necessary for a woman to cover herself up... so that foreign men (e.g. colleagues, employers, customers...etc) deal with her according to her competence, intellect and abilities rather than according to her assets in terms of physical beauty... otherwise it would not be Fair and Just to herself nor to other people (men... or other women especially).

5. You are asking this question because you do not know Allah SWT like we do (from Qur'an and Sunnah).
Those of us who know the Power and Might of the Only God Allah SWT (as He taught us in Qur'an and Sunnah)... know to obey Him without questioning 'why'... Allah SWT says in our Qur'an:

Qur'an [33:36]
 It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.

Also: [21:23]
He is not questioned about what He does, but they will be questioned.

6. Unfortunately, those who don't know Allah SWT think that every Decree or Instruction from Him has to meet their 'seal of Approval' and align with their 'logical' thinking... what they fail to appreciate is that every Decree or Instruction that comes from Allah SWT is in our benefit (even if it doesn't look fair or just at first glance)... because He knows what's good for us better than we do. 

7. Allah SWT gave us instructions in the Qur'an to dress modestly and cover up (albeit in different ways... because of the obvious differences between us explained above)... and he also gave us instructions to lower our gaze (both men and women)... the two sets of instructions are independent of each other; i.e. we are still required to lower our gaze regardless whether the other person is covered up or not.

8. The fact that a man’s ‘awrah (Private parts) is from the navel to the knee does not mean that it is permissible for a man to show his chest in front of other men, let alone in front of women. Although the chest is not part of the ‘awrah, uncovering it is still an action that is not appropriate for a man and is one of the actions of the immoral. 

9. It should be noted that if doing something permissible will result in some evil, then it is not allowed, because of the evil to which it leads. If a man’s uncovering his chest will be a cause of fitnah or will open the door to evil, then it should be disallowed for that reason. 

Like I said above, it's a long subject, and I have more to say... but I'll stop here for now. 

Lissa View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female No religion
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2022 at 3:00pm
Thank you very much for youre long and detailed  answer. I can understand a litle bit more from youre point of you (if I was born and raised as a Muslim, from this point), but from mine I don't agree. But it gives me a chance to understand how and people think in you're r eligion. Thank you for that, and for you're time. I will read it again. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic