IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Satan in the Quran?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Satan in the Quran?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 3:05pm
Oh! I give up sis. I really mean it. Kindly continue on the topic discussion rather than nailing me down through hair spliting. Just think, I am nothing and no body. Just ignore what ever I said. I apologize, sincerely. Kindly argue the topic or ask questions, or what ever you want. Peace.
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 6:47pm

Salem Mishmish,

Inshallah I will check it out.

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 2:14am

When I first time heard this so called "Satanic verses" topic the first thing I did was by checking the chapter itself as we have it today, regradless of what the historians has penned it down or tafsir. Put it simply chapter 53 as we have it now and that's all we have. But as I suspect, I did not and still don't know how to connect the chapter with history which was written long after the completion of the Qur'an.

One of the good example to see this type is, when Rosulallah, Sollallahu alaihi wasallam just passed away. The whole community was in chaos after living with him for 23 years as their leader - and for all sudden he was not there. Umar bin Khattab declared that he would kill anyone who dare to say that Mukhammad is dead. In that time Abu Bakr stood up and read a verse, this is the verse he read:

Muhammad is but a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) have passed away before him. Will it be that, when he dieth or is slain, ye will turn back on your heels ? He who turneth back on his heels doth no hurt to Allah, and Allah will reward the thankful. (3:144)

So according to history when Umar heard this ayah he said he never heard it, or as though he never heard it.

Here is the point to ponder. The verse quoted as though it is a match with the commotion penned in the history. OR was this verse revealed AFTER the Prophet died?

I am only trying to make a point here - not to connect the spiritual purpose of the Qur'an with the historical stuff. The "Satanic verses" is fully derived from historical point of view. As we know this kind of thing is always attracting interest. Btw I like controversies myself.

I hope this does help especially for sister Suzanne. I will post more for this if I have more, inshaallah.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic