IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Satan in the Quran?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Satan in the Quran?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cicely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satan in the Quran?
    Posted: 23 April 2006 at 1:25pm
Ok I really don't understand this...there are verses in the Quran that are attributed to Satan? How can one expect a non-muslim to believe in a book that includes satanic verses? Didn't Muhammad think that he was possesed by a demon when he was writing the Quran and not writing the words of God? This is very troubling to me, and makes me think that this alone strengthens my unbelief in Islam being the true path to God. If I am wrong, please correct me. Again I would like REFERENCE not sole opinion. I want clarity not a debate. thanks!
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 2:06pm
How can one expect a non-muslim to believe in a book that includes satanic verses

and what are those satanic verses?

please quote them

Didn't Muhammad think that he was possesed by a demon when he was writing the Quran and not writing the words of God?

If demon wrote Koran then why will it curse itself in the Koran ?

Also before reciting the koran, we say:I seek refuge in Allah(God) from the rejected Satan

Edited by ak_m_f
Cicely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cicely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 2:11pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

How can one expect a non-muslim to believe in a book that includes satanic verses

and what are those satanic verses?

please quote them

Didn't Muhammad think that he was possesed by a demon when he was writing the Quran and not writing the words of God?

If demon wrote Koran then why will it curse itself in the Koran ?

Once again I would like references--I am a CHRISTIAN who only knows about Islam from various sources. I said that I didn't understand this allegation, and I needed help with it. I didnt know anything about it cursing itself or whatever. PLEASE re-read what I asked. Your rhetoric does not help me in my quest to find the answers. If I KNEW them I would quote them as you asked for me to do above. This is from what I have read from some other Muslims in another forum, but I must have misunderstood.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 2:16pm
what forum is it ?

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 2:17pm

There are no Satanic verses in the Quran, nor did the Prophet Mohammed believe he was possessed by a demon during the relevation of the Quran by the angel Gabriel.

It is rather hard to give you proof that what you are saying is untrue if you cannot give us the supposed materials that state this. The only way for you to know that the Quran does not contain these verses is to read it yourself unless you have something a bit more specific for us to go on.  That would be like me saying that part of the Bible was written by Satan and glorifies him, but I don't know which part so prove to me it wasn't and doesn't.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Cicely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cicely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 2:22pm
Ok I need to hear from a Muslim person who is familiar with the claims that have been made about Muhammad and the Quran. I do not know the verses because I have not read it. But I do know what I have heard and what was written in some historical info about Islam.. I will look up som more info and get back to you.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Cicely Cicely wrote:

Ok I�need to hear from a Muslim person who is familiar with the claims that have been made about Muhammad and the Quran. I do not know the verses because I have not read it. But I do know what I have heard and what was written in some historical info about Islam.. I will look up som more info and get back to you.

there are many anti islamic websites and forums.

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 2:27pm

Originally posted by Cicely Cicely wrote:

Ok I need to hear from a Muslim person who is familiar with the claims that have been made about Muhammad and the Quran. I do not know the verses because I have not read it. But I do know what I have heard and what was written in some historical info about Islam.. I will look up som more info and get back to you.

We would need the actual verse and number of the verse. The Quran is written much like the Bible, example: John 3:16.... So we would need to know this information in order to address these accusations.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic