IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Durood Sharif  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Durood Sharif

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 12:28pm

Wa Alaikum Salam

Alhamdulillah you got the right one but this Dua is recited in our Salah

Not to sure about reciting it 100 times when going to bed.

Maybe some one can check that.

There are other Duas to recite when going to bed, but nothing 100 times.

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

Wa Alaikum Salam

Alhamdulillah you got the right one but this Dua is recited in our Salah

Not to sure about reciting it 100 times when going to bed.

Maybe some one can check that.

There are other Duas to recite when going to bed, but nothing 100 times.

Salams

Salem, I found this. This is probaly why

Imam Mustaghfiri (R.A.) reports: "Whoever recites one hundred times durood daily, one hundred of his needs shall be fulfilled, thirty in this world and the rest in the Hereafter."

Another Hadith says: "Recite durood on me plentifully for verily it shall be a light in the darkness on the siraat, and whoever desires that his deeds should weigh heavily on the scales, let him recite much durood."

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:24am

As Salamu Alaikum

I don�t know about Imam Mustaghfir (RA) Sister. I don�t find this particular Hadith. Allah knows best.

I am not say you should not send Salah/Durood on the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) 100 times a day, if you are happy with the evidence you have then Insha Allah go ahead. The rewards are great for sending even one Durood a day. All I am saying that I cannot find evidence from the authentic sources that the number should be 100.

When we set an amount say like 100 times, in one sitting or even split the 100 into 4 or five sittings during a 24 hour period that will be like saying the Salah (Durood) 25 or 20 times in one sitting. Personally I think after we say the Salah (Durood) five or six times, it no longer has any meaning because our mind starts to wander and although we maybe saying the words perfectly, we may not be reflecting on the meaning. I hope you can understand what I am saying.  Here I am talking about reciting the Dua/Durood Ibrahim 100 times a day.

In Islam intention and sincerity are the foundation for all our actions, so I would say the emphasis should be on quality rather than quantity. Do a good deed once properly than 5 times in a haphazard manner. Please people don�t get offended by what I am saying, this is only my view on this matter. Everyone is welcome to comment. I am not criticizing anyone�s method of Ibadah.

Dhikr, Dua and Salah and Salams to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) are all great acts of worship that will be greatly reward both in this world and the hereafter. Insha Allah

Take care

Salams

Edited by Alwardah
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 10:15am

Salem,

No, I did not get offended. I am thankful for your advice; and yes sometimes when I recite a lot of times the words can tend to be said without meaning and I don't like this. I have not learned this Durood yet. With me being an English speaker first I haft to learn how to pronounce. I like to read in Arabic when I recite and know the meaning otherwise for me it has no feeling So, I make an extra effort to try and always know what I am saying not just roll the words out. I am having a lot of difficulty in my life now. The person who gave this to me to recite knows my situation. Inshallah it will benefit me.

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 6:40am

As Salamu Alaikum Sister Suzanne

Here is something that will help you during your difficult time. First I will quote two Hadith:

Imam Ahmad, Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi reported the following Hadith and graded it Sahih; An-Nasa'i, Ibn Khuzaymah and Ibn Hibban recorded in their Sahihs that Fadalah bin `Ubayd, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "The Messenger of Allah heard a man making supplication in his prayer when he had not praised Allah or said Salah upon the Prophet . The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said:

�This man is rushing.� Then he called him over and said, to him or to someone else,

�When any one of you supplicates, let him start by praising and glorifying Allah, may He be exalted, then let him send Salah upon the Prophet, and after that let him make supplication as he wishes''

At-Tirmidhi recorded that Umar ibn Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu) said: �A supplication (Dua) remains suspended between heaven and earth and does not ascent any further until you send Salah upon your Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam).�

Taking these two Hadith into consideration, I would suggest that you praise Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala then recite the Salah/Dua/Durood Ibrahim then recite the Dua I have mentioned below, then recite the Durood again and end by praising Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala. You can do this as often as you like (after every salah (prayer) will be a good idea.) Insha Allah Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala will lighten your burden and give you relieve from your difficulty. Ameen!

If you need the recitation of this Dua � I have the recitation in both MP3 and Wav formats if you Pm your email address, I can send it to you. If anyone needs the recitation can Pm their email address.

Remember after every difficulty comes ease, verily after every difficulty comes ease.

Dua for anxiety and sorrow

��������������������� ������������������������������� �������� ����� �������� ����� �������������������������������� ���������� ��������, ������ ����� ��������, ������ ������ ���������, ������������� ������� ����� ���� ����� ��������� ���� �������� ���������� ������������ ��� ���������, ���� ����������� ������� ���� �������� ���� �������������� ���� ��� ������ ��������� �������� ���� �������� ���������� ������� �������, ������� ������� �������� ������� ��������� ������.

O Allah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur'an the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.

This Dua is one of the Duas suggested by the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)  

Mahmud200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmud200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:04am
Assalaamu Alaikum.

Does someone know Authentic Duroods / Salawat that can be read during Salat?
I mean both long-n-grand as well as short-n-easy Duroods ?

Thanks in advance.

Mahmud200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmud200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 2:14am
^ Any answer?
Mahmud200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmud200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2013 at 9:10pm
Haven't found answer yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic