IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Psychoactives  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psychoactives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Psychoactives
    Posted: 02 December 2021 at 11:35am
In Portugal they decriminalised drug use and the rate of heroin abuse fell by 50%. Clearly the drug laws aren't helping. My uncle was an alcoholic and sadly drank himself to death. He had a child but chose alcohol over family. MY POINT-if my uncle was prescribed cannabis on a daily basis he would not have died of liver failure as CANNABIS POTENTIATES ALCOHOL. If you want to save lives then make drug use a clinical issue and not a criminal one. For example 95% of prostitute's are addicted to class A drugs like heroin. If the state provided safe areas to ingest drugs then what would happen to the drug fatality rate?

Enough blethering - My point? Prescribe cannabis to alcoholics to save alcohol related harm and death. (I don't drink or ingest cannabis btw)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2021 at 5:16am
Alcohol shouldn't be legal either, and if cannabis potentiates alcohol as you suggested liver damaged would have accelerated.  Having no penalty for drug use and possession in society indicates a broken moral compass.  
Blackangel View Drop Down

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2021 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Alcohol shouldn't be legal either, and if cannabis potentiates alcohol as you suggested liver damaged would have accelerated.  Having no penalty for drug use and possession in society indicates a broken moral compass.  

I aggree. Alcohol is a terrible substance. Cannabis potentiates the effects of alcohol meaning you need to drink less to get smashed! It does not harm the liver. Actually it stimulates the kidneys. My moral compass is set to freedom and human rights and saving lives. My uncle would still be alive if he ingested cannabis with alcohol. That's the sad fact
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2021 at 6:24am
Fair enough, and truly sorry for your loss. 

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2022 at 3:41pm
Sorry for any offence. If you prescribed cannabis to alcoholics the mortality rate would collapse and countless lives would be saved. I knew a bloke who drank a bottle of spirits a day. He would drink more at the weekend. Somebody gave him cannabis and he found a few beers with cannabis hard work that did the damage

The point- the drug laws don't work and are actually killing people

As a former alcoholic I know what I'm talking about

Peace

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2022 at 3:45pm
Ok
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic