IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'm a Catholic looking to learn about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm a Catholic looking to learn about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female Roman Catholic
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm a Catholic looking to learn about Islam
    Posted: 13 September 2021 at 11:34am
Hello everyone. I am a devout Roman Catholic but I am looking to learn more about Islam. I already know some stuff about Islam but I still have questions. I am 39 years old and I am married. I have a 6 year old son and I am also disabled.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2021 at 12:53pm
Salam, Peace be upon you.
Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
AveMaria02 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female Roman Catholic
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Salam, Peace be upon you.
Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you!
Niblo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niblo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2021 at 6:38am
Welcome to the Forum.

What are your questions?
'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2021 at 7:39pm
Welcome,
I just happened to return to this forum probably after a decade and the first thing I saw was your post.
I am a born Muslim, who became a practicing Muslim after coming to the US some thirty years ago. Like you, I am a devout believer in God.
I understand we have different perceptions of God, but our God is one God, and our goal is one, to do the will of God.
I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. I am a believer by conviction (not a scholar), so I believe I should know what I believe and how to explain it, God willing.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2021 at 12:26am
Originally posted by AveMaria02 AveMaria02 wrote:

Hello everyone. I am a devout Roman Catholic but I am looking to learn more about Islam. I already know some stuff about Islam but I still have questions. I am 39 years old and I am married. I have a 6 year old son and I am also disabled.

Welcome to this forum AveMaria02, what are your questions?
Lukrastra View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukrastra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2021 at 12:36pm
Hey, i enjoyed reading the summary you gave. What is it you want to ask about Islam? I'll start off by saying that it is the continuation of the message of Monotheism preached by all the prophets prior to Muhammad (pbuh). 

Talha Shamsi View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talha Shamsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2021 at 6:11am
Hope you will be fine. You should go through the teachings of Islam thoroughly.
You are at right place the Islamicity.org,  where you can learn a lot. You can search on You-tube about Non Muslims converted to Islam. I first phase I would request you to Pray for Yourself & God (Allah) will definitely guide you, but Pray first with special time in night. And no doubt you God will help you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic