IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus is God (or not)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJesus is God (or not)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 153>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:09am

Angel,

All my life I have known that Catholic don't believe that Jesus is God, despite the "In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit".

Catholics believe that the Word of God incarnated Jesus.  They believe that he is 100% human and 100% divine.  They believe that God is the Father and the Word (son) and the Holy Spirit--all God--in three "persons"  -- the same divine substance.

What religion are you?

Your post is too long, my dear.  I'll try to have something for you to think about sometime next week.

George View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Well, there ya go, I would actually be arguing in support of you.  Since we don't believe Elohim and Jesus are the same.

Who is "we" Angela?  The "same" what?

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:20am

We are Mormons.  We are not traditional Christians and do not subscribe to the Trinity, thus Elohim and Jesus are not the same person or essense.  They are only one in purpose, not one being.

But, since Angel's posts are lengthy and I need my KJV bible next to me, I have to wait till Sunday when I'll be home after Church.

fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 12:33pm
very lengthy quotations, angel.  you posted 100 verses purporting to show that Jesus and God are different things.  perhaps you could help by going through them, to show exactly how they show this
for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by George George wrote:

What religion are you?

Your post is too long, my dear.� I'll try to have something for you to think about sometime next week.

she is muslim
George View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 6:27am

Angela,

Is this the official Mormon site?

http://www.lds.org/

Basic beliefs:

http://www.mormon.org/

It is good that you said that Mormons were not traditional Christians because of what I read on this sites is true, then the Mormons do not represent the majority of Christian beliefs.

There are about 2.1 billion Christians and the Mormons represent about 12 million of the total.

I don't know much about the Mormons other than the founder's name and a few other things.

George View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 6:29am

Angel,

I went over some of your post and I'm am very sorry but it is too long and there are so many "inaccuracies" in it that it would take me forever to respond to them all.

I can give you a couple of websites to look over if you wish.

Jesus is God

http://web.archive.org/web/20021206035950/ic.net/~erasmus/RA Z98.HTM

Trinity

http://web.archive.org/web/20040217141524/ic.net/~erasmus/RA Z99.HTM

Good luck.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 8:33am

Angel,

That was a huge effort and looking at all the stuff that people wrote and you quoted, everyone including even the Christians should be able to say that Jesus is not God.

To understand God in all Majesty, Glory and Truth, it would be better to read and quote from the chapter of Isaiah in the Jewish Bible or the OT.

Some pearls from Isaiah:

42:8 "I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or praise to idols."

43:10-12 "Before me no god was formed, nor willl there be one after me. "I, even I, am the Lord and apart from me there is no saviour. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed- I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?"

44:6 "I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God."

44:8 "Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one." 

After reading all of above, Jesus is not God at all.

BMZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 153>
  Share Topic