IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What would be the solution in the Light of Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What would be the solution in the Light of Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What would be the solution in the Light of Islam
    Posted: 17 July 2021 at 10:13pm
Asalam o Alaikolum,
Im facing an issue regarding fraudulent activity done by my maternal family to Us.

let me explain this in detail,
My father was married to his cousin. My father worked in another country.
on basis of trust, my father gave all of his savings to my maternal Grandfather, who is also his uncle, to buy property. 

My Grandfather bought the property and after 2-3 years, without letting my Father know, He sold that property and money was taken by his two sons.

Same year my grandfather passed away and his sons are refusing to pay the money back. 

what could be the solution in the light of Islamic laws. 
Are they obligated to pay back the money which their father had fradulently taken from us?
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2021 at 2:49pm
Salam,
Well, all would depend on the intentions and verbal or written agreement between your father and his uncle. If he was giving the money to his uncle to support him and his family, he would not be able to claim it back from a religious perspective.
If he was giving the money for investment on his behalf and it was verbally or in writing agreed, than that is his money. His uncle was only his care taker. He is moral rights to take it back. His legal rights would be valid only if he could prove that that money given to his uncle was for the purpose of investment on his behalf.

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic