IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is God Evil?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is God Evil?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male Agnostic
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farid771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is God Evil?
    Posted: 17 February 2021 at 10:32pm
Hello,

God in the Quran is very powerful, who does not need anything, and is able to everything. So, I was wondering, does God punishing people severely, such as through putting them in hellfire for eternity, make God evil?

And in case you're wondering about my faith, I am agnostic. 
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2021 at 8:45am
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2021 at 11:11am
Peace
Thanks for your question.
God is not evil. He is mercy. There is a law of retribution or return. You get what you sow. If someone is injust to me and I am not in a position to stand up and seek justice, God assures me that justice will be done and the individual who is denying me injustice will face the consequences of doing injustice. People have been warned that they would face the consequences of doing injustice.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
Blackangel View Drop Down

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2021 at 5:14pm
To quote erykha badhu- most intellects do not believe in God but they fear him just the same. I don't want to be impudent. I think the question that needs asked is God sane?? Is carnivorism the product of a sane mind?? 
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 4:25am
Peace
Insanity is part of human physiology and intellect. God is perfectly sane. Carnivorism is understood partly by us and once we reach to the pinnacle of sanity we would see the sanity of the process.
Aslam

Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 6:04am
An African subsistence farmer works his fingers to the bone tending his crops then locusts destroy his crops. Did malaria and such create itself? There has been a billion abortions in the last twenty years. A child dies needlessly ever 3.7 seconds yet an all powerful God does naught!! Don't get me wrong I truly love God. That said I think God is crazy!!!
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 1:13pm
God has given the authority to change their conditions using their resources. If they do not, they are responsible for them.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2021 at 1:47pm
Does God not have a duty of care? I did not consent to exist yet am subject to Gods creation. Why does an African subsistence farmer work tirelessly in the field to have his crops wiped out by locusts? If God ordained locusts to decimate crops then the question is why? Medicine has fought malaria for decades yet roughly 1 million men women and children die every year from malaria. Whom decided malaria and mosquitoes where synergistic,?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic