IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Parents  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROslo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parents
    Posted: 03 February 2021 at 7:58am
Asalamoalaikom, 

Looks like i am posting this with a very sad mood right now. I am 27 years old nearly married for just 3+ months Ahamdulillah. Today I had a discussion with my parents to move out with my wife. 
We never had any probem being with in my parents house.Every thing has been normal and we had our best time. I had a discussion with my wife before we got married that we will move out after few years, because my parents house is big enough for 3 families. 
After i discussed with my dad we got really really upset. I am feeling gulity as hell. 
Whats wrong with this culture? I only want to give all the rights my wife wants to have. Her own place to live. (we bought a house together right after our nikkah, so buying house part is already done). 

I think the decision i made will impact everyone in my house and thats even making me more guilt. 

What have i done :( why why why. 
Anyone with similar situastions?
Komatzu1991 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Komatzu1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 2:15pm
W.Salam brother.

I am saddened by your post. Unfortunately,  many south Asian cultures dont let us practise our religion as it is. Verily you are obliged to provide your wife privacy. Lack of privacy can cause a lot of frustration and destroy the relationship. 

I was in a same situation many years ago. My wife is Alhamdulillah a very cooperative women, but staying with our parents made her angry, frustrated and depressed. How is your wife handling the situation?

If you are not able to move out at this time, then try to explain the situation to her. Dont think that she will understand it without telling her all the details abt your situation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic