IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - is it a sin to not lend money?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

is it a sin to not lend money?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gnahc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is it a sin to not lend money?
    Posted: 01 February 2021 at 6:38pm
Asalaam Alaikum

I am just wondering if it's a sin to not lend money to a non-Muslim?

The borrower needs the money to get back his car that was damaged after a car accident. (to pay the insurance)
He is an uber driver who needs his car to work.
but he also told me the money that he needs is coming from his relative in 3 days. (and that he can pay me back then)
he just hopes that he can get his car back sooner so he can get back to work as soon as possible.

Also what is worthy of mention is that he has told me in the past that he is a christian who is also a member of freemasons and believes in past lives and one of his goals as a freemason and whatever he is, his mission is to create as many children as possible, participating in IVF and such. very weird things he had told me before.

whether these things he claims are true or not when I have conversations with him in my daily life he is a nice friendly person, down to earth person with good intentions.

I have heard that it is written in hadith that person will not smell the fragrance of heaven if he does not help by lending when he is capable.
does this verse only apply when helping a muslim brother/sister?

Although $400 may not be a lot to many people, if he happens to not pay back, it will be quite concerning for me.

I'd rather not lend the money unless I am sinning by not helping or I'm missing out on a great opportunity of doing a good deed by helping him in his current situation.

Please let me know what you think. thank you so much

Asalaam Alaikum

Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2021 at 6:48pm
Wa alaikum Salam,
God is the God of all. He wants believers to help others regardless of their religion or faith or ethnicity.
Aslam Abdullah
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
Blackangel View Drop Down

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:13pm
Freemasonry is Luciferarian. Do the research- I politely suggest you search the 33 degree of freemasonry and go from there. Muslims and Christians can eat from the same plate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic