IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My husband avoids my relatives  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My husband avoids my relatives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aisha5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My husband avoids my relatives
    Posted: 14 January 2021 at 3:25am
 Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters,
sorry for for my bad english, I live in Europe and don't speak english very well. I have been married for 3 months and I am 6 week pregnant. My husband is a very good man, he show respect and kindness to me, loves and helps me with everything. Our Marriage is based on Love and Respect and we seek Allah's pleasure. He is also very religious young man, he spend his time in mosque and he is trying to be a better muslim. But there is one thing that makes me sad and anxious: he does not want to have contact with my relatives, just because they are not that much in practicing Islam. They are muslims but they live traditional way of life and Islam. They did not insulted him or anything like this, but he does not want to be home when they visiting us or does not want to visit them. He avoids beeing in the same room with women or talk to them. This is also with almost everybody not only my relatives. He has a few men in mosque and spend sometimes time with them and that is all. I am.very close to my familly and relatives and I know how important is in Islam relationship with them, but he does not want to understand. He does not stop me from visiting them.or have contact with them but he avoids them because of one reason: they don't live life the way he does. For them he is too religious, but they did not insulted him in any way. We are going to have baby and people are going to visit us, that is normal, but he does not want to understand. When we are with other people  even with his parents he is very quiet and only thing that interest him is Islam, nothing else. I am scared sometimes that this is going to affect our marriage and that is going to be too much for me, allthough i love him and he loves me and he is very good man with good heart. What should i do? 
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2021 at 7:36pm
Wa alaikum Salam,
Well, please keep trying to explain to him the importance of blood relations in Islam. Through patience and politeness you may be able to influence his behavior towards your family.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic