IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interesting Dream or Nightmare?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Dream or Nightmare?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Dream or Nightmare?
    Posted: 19 April 2006 at 9:03am

In the name of God, the merciful and compassionate,

I take refuge in you (O' God) the Artisan of all that exist and to you O' God I declare my life and duties Ameen!

I normally don't tell anyone of my dreams but I thought this one to be quite interesting. I am perhaps probably tired from my police training but I had the strangest dream last night. Although this dream was quite blurry to me now all I remember is being in some battle and all of a sudden I heard somone shout "Satan is coming!" then all of a sudden the ground actually shook with terror and the ground actually split open. Of course you can imagine in this moment I would be terrified but I wasn't I was merely in awe of the whole thing. Then, all of a sudden a terrible figure flew out from the ground. This being had wings like a dragon, I would estimate the length would be as long as wings on an airplane because when it flapped I heard a "wooshing" sound.

The face was blurry but he screeched like a Pterodactyl, and was as fierce as a lion and as he flew out he began killing people. by swooping to the ground and tearing them into pieces. Now in this moment I began running with everyone else and then suddenly came to a hide out where I hid. Not for long. Eventually Satan found me and captured me. In this moment I was for sure dead but actually (and this is the honest truth) Satan liked me for some odd reason. Perhaps I was his slave in this moment because I do remember wearing a chair around my neck, however it was not attached to anything.

In his midst he was as horrifying as I saw him the first time. Face was still blurry and his figure was horrifying as well. He was green and red and his vains were protruding. Very muscular and very ferocious like a dinosaur. His panting when I was next to him was like that of a lion after running after his kill and in this moment I was scared and could only pray to God for a swift death. All his did was rub up against me like a cat to his master. I remember him asking me "which of these humans would you like me to kill?" I was shocked because I couldn't say anything but think of how to escape.

At this point the dream (or nightmare) fast forward and comes to the attack against Satan and all I remember was running, and, that was it.......To me this is perhaps the strangest dream I've ever had while I was living. What do you guys think?

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 9:25am

WOW  what a dream.

Are you sure you haven't watched any weird and strange movies beforehand ?

In my non islamic view I pin point a couple of things but I am not totally sure, as I don't know what your environment is or state of mind. 

Of course you can imagine in this moment I would be terrified but I wasn't I was merely in awe of the whole thing.

I would say that if you weren't afraid then your not afraid to go up against adversity or some kind of struggle, or it could mean that you have come to terms with something therefore at ease and not afraid.

Perhaps I was his slave in this moment because I do remember wearing a chair around my neck, however it was not attached to anything.

Do you mean chain or actually a chair if its a chair then I have no clue. Ok if its chain: 

Now this will be in condradiction to the above, this sounds like you feel trapped by something but you really are not, hence you weren't attach to anything.

I have no clue about the rest it is totally strange. it may not even have meaning but just an over active imagination  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:27am

Well sorry it was a "chain" not chair.........LOL

And yes I did watch a movie aforehand which was "Scary Movie 4" with my nephew but this was a funny movie and what I dreamt was horrifying

Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 1:13pm

Salem Israfil,

Even though "Scary Movie 4" is a "Comedy"  probaly it has alot of haaram material in it. At least "Scary Movie 1" did. It had ALOT of haaram material in it. Then, I watched alot of TV and Movies. Even I used to listen to music. But I will leave that alone for now. Now, I am very selective on what I watch and hear. Because, Evil comes to us  in all kinds of ways. Here in America Media is the feeding frenzy for Satan. Easy to get us with punch lines that make us laugh on material we watch that goes against what  ALLAH swt tells us to stay away from. Such as a  joke in  the 1st movie that is talking about prematerial sex??? At least in the first one this happened and this is just one of many, many, many  haarm things that were in that film. If my memory is right the first one came out about 4 or 5 years ago. I am sure the material is much more tasteless to say the least.

I would just suggest being more careful in what you watch. Maybe this dream was sparked by the movie. But from juding many posts of yours that I have read here you probaly know better than I because I am so new in Islam.

Suzanne

Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 1:17pm

Salem all

yes, I am a bad speller....sorry LOL.......marriage not material

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 1:54pm
I have watched scary movie 1,2,3..... so damn funny...
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 2:45pm
True I probably shouldn't have, but I was with my nephew and wanted to spend some time with him and do what he likes. I don't think what I dreamt had anything to do with that movie, but this dream was really vivid. Really scary now that I think about it.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:21pm

Bismillah,

I think it's good if we don't let our dreams scare us into anything except Islaamic action.  ISA, good will come of it for you, Brother.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic