IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interesting Dream or Nightmare?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Dream or Nightmare?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 11:42pm
lol
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 5:07am

Our brain is an incredible mechine which has the ability to store very large informations, and sorting them for easy exccess when we need it. For an example when we met somebody that we have not met for 20 years, in instant we produce a big smile with hello greeting. The ability for us to recall the face of a person - also with stories that associate with it - is amazing thing to ponder for us who like to think.

We all have dreams every night, it is quite normal. Infact it is un natural to sleep without dreams. When we sleep the brain become very active - shunting all the informations that we get while we were awake and place them in their correct places for easy and fast retrieval. The dream that occurs in this nightly activities are local dream, it is not coming from outside. The outside interference dreams are distinct compared with the local dreams. Occassionally the outside dreams are informations where the reciever has no knowledge whatsoever of what he/she sees, complete new informations.

Brother, considering the content of your recent thread "African -AmericanSlavery" I believe that your dream sound like a local dream. Deep inside you - you still have an inferiority feeling that revealed itself in that dream, which it is not surprising that you did not know it. This dream has helped you to pursue one of your weakness where in many cases people paid a fortune to dig the mysterius informations that sometimes effecting their/our life.

Also as fuzzy dream, it is an indication that it was occuring in the middle of hectic activity of sorting movement. Unlike the vivid dreams where it is so clear that you still can see it 5 or 10 or even 20 years later.

Allahu a'lam.

He it is Who gathereth you at night and knoweth that which ye commit by day.-----------------------(6:60)

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 10:35am

Salaam,

Not to sound sarcastic brother and I understand your noble intentions but it is far fetched to understand someone you hardly know based on my post. Also where do you go off saying that my post "African-American Slavery" was the result of some inferiority feeling inside me? Not only is that a way off comment it is down right offensive. Brother you don't know me and I don't know you and these two topics are totally unrelated. Unless you are a qualified psychologist, making assumptions based on dreams and making such an interrelation to other topics is irrelevant.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 12:20pm

Assalamu alaikum, Brother Israfil,

Brother, you asked a question and some people have posted their own opinions.  No one here knows you well, no one here is a qualified psychologist, and all we can do is make some kind of assumptions.  If you didn't want unqualified, unprofessional, far fetched answers from a bunch of people who don't know you (or about dreams) very well, why did you ask?

So, chill Brother.  Take what you want from the posts and ignore the rest and don't be hard on us for just trying our best to answer what you asked, O.K.?

Have a nice day and may Allah grant you pleasant dreams.

Oh, and my own opinion on the topic - dreams don't mean much at all, they are just our brains sorting and flushing, so don't worry too much about them!

Peace, ummziba.

Edited by ummziba
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 3:02pm

Sister with all due respect I'm not limiting the responses here, I was commenting on whatb the brother has said. I don't think you may know but there were a few comments in the past that were far fetched. Saying things like:

>>>Deep inside you - you still have an inferiority feeling that revealed itself in that dream<<<

Saying things like this is not a direct response to the topic but making an analysis on the person. I called for the analysis on the dream not me.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 3:09pm

Bismillah,

I can see where Superman's response might have offended you.  However, Sister Umzibba has a point.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 3:17pm

Sisters I will not tolerate insults in the form of such covert statements against myself nor anyone else while I'm here. Sister herjihad and Sister ummziba please go the African-American Slavery thread and you'll see how far fetched this indivudal's point can get. Point or not this is not sound advice. Although I don't expect you two to understand, after all I'm the "little brother" here right?

Edited by Israfil
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 3:46pm

"Saying things like this is not a direct response to the topic but making an analysis on the person. I called for the analysis on the dream not me."

Brother, maybe it is the right time to practice the self sacrifice, the altruism is still far away. You value yourself too high unnecessarily for something that is so trivial. I am maybe a european, maybe an asian, maybe an african or anything else. In the internet they take what I give. You are maybe an african american, maybe a south american, maybe an european or anybody else. But we only look at you for what you want us to see.

I maybe a government agent, CIA, KGB or belong to any group that is against Islam, or maybe I am an angel, but the people only see me as they see me. I, myself is not important, it is what I write is the one that play role.

You can't advance Islam with such self value. The "Me is to be honoured" will block your movement no matter where you go. That is why my place of growing up, my place I am living now, where my parent originated is not important, I am a muslim first and last in the state of upright or down fall.

Dreams are always the true state of the dreamer. The hypnotist can do the same by digging the very deep information that the person him or herself does not even know it exist inside. If you read a book about regression you will see my point, there are many informations that people are unaware sitting there effecting our lives. The dream does the same, only if we are willing to sacrifice ourselves by waking up in the middle of the sleep to see it. Even than maybe we have one in every 100 attempt.

I have a folder contain dreams that I have penned it down as far as the late 1980's. I will post one or two of them sometime this week and you can make any comment as you wish. Oh btw I have something last december which was not a dream, maybe it is interesting, maybe not: but this is what I wrote. 

Monday the 26th of december 2005.

We went to bed at around 22.30 and fell sleep by 23.30.
At about 03.00 to 03.30 maryam woke me up by her cry maybe she had a nightmare. But I could not miss the wave of the hate feeling, the wave full of hatred passing through my awareness which I detected for few minutes until I fell asleep again. I said to it:
"If you have anything to say - say it now, I am listening. Or is this the best thing you can do? hate?"
I repeated that maybe twice or thrice and I fell asleep.

I just search the time of the undersea earthquake that triggered
the 2004 boxing day tsunami - it was 07:58:53 local time. I detected
the hate feeling at roughly 23.00 local time, or 15 hours later.

But we all know and have seen what the hate does.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic