IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interesting Dream or Nightmare?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Dream or Nightmare?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 7:39pm
Inshallah
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 7:54pm
Dear Brother,

Have you ever read Ibn Seerin's Dictionary of Dreams? I recommend this book 100 percent. You know, your Dream sounded like a comic book. HA!
Next time you relize that you are having a bad dream (especially one with Shaytaan), try in your sleeping state to say the Shahadah several times. Saying it while you are having a disturbing dream works! Masalam.

Edited by Danty
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 2:40am

Allah gives different people different dreams

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 6:01am

Brother Salman,

I know you meant that seriously and all, but that's what we call an obvious, foregone conclusion.

Sister Danty,

Your advice to take control over your dreams sounds like great advice to me.  I did this when I was a teenager to make that big gorilla from King Kong stop chasing me! (He knows better than to try that again is all I can say!)

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:09am
Dear Sister Herjihad,
Thanks!
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:16am
Assalaamualaikum,

Brother i will quote our Prophet(saw) from Sahih Bukhari.....

Narrated Abu Qatada: The Prophet said, "A good dream is from Allah, and a bad or evil dream is from Satan; so if anyone of you has a bad dream of which he gets afraid, he should spit on his left side and should seek Refuge with Allah from its evil, for then it will not harm him."  (Book #54, Hadith #513)

(Spitting here means dry spit ofcourse)

Narrated Abu Salama: I used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard Abu Qatada saying, "I too, used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard the Prophet saying, "A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you saw a dream which he liked, he should not tell it to anybody except to the one whom he loves, and if he saw a dream which he disliked, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of Satan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell it to anybody, for it will not harm him. "  (Book #87, Hadith #168)

Your dream sure was scary! But Insha Allah it will not harm you.....May Allah always protect you...

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 9:09am
Confess bro. Israfil:You were watching the movie Godzilla when folks thought you were sleeping!
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 11:09pm

Originally posted by Dayem Dayem wrote:

Confess bro. Israfil:You were watching the movie Godzilla when folks thought you were sleeping!

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic