IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Divine Love In Perspective.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Divine Love In Perspective.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Fauzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Divine Love In Perspective.
    Posted: 12 September 2020 at 2:54pm
As-Salaam alaykum,
  In traditional Islamic Thought, there are 2 basic sorts of Divine Love. The first sort is unqualified, for it asserts the reality of Tawhid...there is nothing real but the Real, so there is no beloved but Allah, no lover but Allah. The Qur'an voices this love in the ayat/verse:--

"He loves them, and they love Him." (5:54)

Allah's love is unqualified because He loves human beings eternally, and peoples love for Allah is unqualified because they love Allah innately, whether they or not they are aware of the fact.

The second sort of love takes into account freewill and the role of the Prophetic reminders. It invites people to turn away from metaphorical love and recognize their true Beloved. The King is walking among them in the bazaar, but they have no way to recognize him unless they follow the path of those who witness his presence- Allah's Prophets and Awliya.

The path to follow is summed up in the ayat:--

"Say [O Muhammad], if you love Allah, follow me,
    Allah will love you.." (3:31)

When people follow the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, and when Allah Ta'ala comes to love them with this second kind of love, the fruit will be union. An explicit early statement of this union is found in the most authoritative collection of hadith. In a Hoadith-Qudsi, the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, narrated from Allah that He says:--

"So much does My servant seek nearness to Me through
     supererogatory works that I love him.
     When I love him, I am his hearing, so he hears through Me;
     his eyesight, so he sees through Me; his tongue, so he speaks
     through Me; his feet, so he walks through Me; his hands, so
    he takes through Me; his heart, so he knows through Me." (Bukhari, Hadith No. 6502)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic