IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help Lebanon  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help Lebanon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Lebanon
    Posted: 08 August 2020 at 6:51am

In the Name of God, the Most Merciful, the Most Beneficent

Assalamu Alaikum Dear Friend,

On behalf of IslamiCity’s family, we pray that you are in good health.

As you already know, Lebanon suffered one of its worst crises in decades with devastation not seen even during the civil war! 

On top of a damaged economy and COVID-19, a huge explosion tore through its seaport, sending shockwaves all the way to Cyprus, 128 miles away! 

Every single Beirut neighborhood was damaged with broken glass windows, collapsed ceilings, destroyed structures… including my childhood home! 

No house was spared, no one was spared. 

My family and friends were saved but scores of people were killed and injured and the number is ever increasing. There are about 300,000 homeless people in the streets of Beirut who also have been gravely affected. They are among the survivors as part of the terrified millions of Lebanese who thought “It is the end.”  

Beirut is one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world. I still remember its sun hitting my face as I looked to the west dreaming, like my ancestors the Phoenicians, how to sail to a new land. Beirut is the city where the alphabet was invented, so we can express how we fell in love with her despite her quirkiness. Beirut was destroyed 7 times in its history and was rebuilt. 

Today it was destroyed for the 8th time, but it will rise again, like the Phoenix, it always does. 

Beirut is bleeding today and needs our urgent help to stand up again.

HADI/IslamiCity set up a relief campaign to help those in need in Lebanon. All donations will help provide food security to the needy through our partner organizations.  So please DONATE NOW.

Yes, I Will Help!

Jazakum Allah Khairan,

Rami Doueiri, PhD
COO

rideitout View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rideitout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2020 at 1:23pm
IA we remember you Lebanon - Personally,  I dont think people should rebel against the Govt at this time, the infrastructure is needed to keep things functioning, unless you have a better plan for Govt, you will make things worse - take a lesson from the other Arab states where so called "uprising" has occured, sometimes better the devil you know. IA we will keep everyone in our prayers. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic