IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Divorce  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Divorce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phant2250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Divorce
    Posted: 19 July 2020 at 9:09pm
Phant 23:52
The trust is broken in our marriage, married almost 6 years, still no understanding...I asked him for divorce , he says to return his dowry...I asked my family to and his family asked to apologize and ask me to reconcile, but the trust is already broken from things he's done over and over ...I just want to live in peace, InshaAllah...Is there a reason I cannot divorce him...?
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 9:27am
Wa alaikum Salam,
Life is not meant to be spent in perpetual conflicts, distrust. The married life is for the purpose of working for peaceful coexistence with respect and dignity. As an adult if you feel that the trust is not there and the your dignity has been compromised, then it is your divinely given right to walk away from the vows after ensuring that all efforts to reconcile are made. If you have reached to that point, you are under no obligation to compromise to live in hell. But the decision has to come in full honesty with you. You are the only one who knows what it is like living with such a person. 
Your families would want reconciliation but it is you who have to live the life with him. Make sincere decision and seek God's guidance in your decision. May God make it easy for you.
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
Phant2250 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phant2250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 9:44am
JazakAllah Khayrun...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic