IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For Athan, Mishmish & Angela  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFor Athan, Mishmish & Angela

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Athan, Mishmish & Angela
    Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:29am

I want to clarify somethings from another thread.

And I am not getting into who is right or wrong, whatever, since things were addressed to me I want to clarify. First Mishmish:

Angel:

A group of the new posters decided they had a problem with Angela and Mormonism and had some very "un-nice" things to say. Despite repeated warnings they continued and some are no longer on the forum. Most of the posts were deleted and the threads closed.

We went through this all before on other threads. This thread was just an attempt to explain/justify what they were doing, but attacks of this type will simply not be allowed.

And that is not the answer to my quiry you only stated what was taking place, Mishmish I know what was being done, and I was staying out of it. I wanted to know how Athan was casting doubt upon the beliefs of another member ? by stating that some groups are non christian groups. How is it different to Angela or another saying that it is part of ?  I wasn't getting into the personal attacks that was happening. Nor was I specifically talking about one person, it was said in general. I am sorry for not clarifying that.

I was not getting into what Angela believes or not or the incident she was in, I am with her on this.

Now to you Angela:

Quote What right does he have to say I'm not a Christian Angel? 

None, but get past the personal issue and you might see something else, According to his beliefs and the church's beliefs you are, and according to yours you are christian. And that is all I am getting myself into, I am not getting dragged into this personal incident I wasn't attacking you.

To Athan:

Quote For the poster that asked about what Anglicanism is:

Thank you for your explanation, but I wasn't exactly "asking" what it is  I'm not even sure how you got that from my statement. It seems everything these days is getting an ism at the end of it  where it once never was. I've done this to a few things before Athan  

And can I say that I pretty much agree with DavidC with his post in the thread.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 9:42am

Hi Angel:

Yes, they kept insisting that Angela was not a true Christian, and that certain Christian denominations are cults. 

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 9:54am

What has that got to do with my quiry, mishmish ?? you've just repeated yourself.

Please re-read what I said.  

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 9:58am

I wanted to know how Athan was casting doubt upon the beliefs of another member ? by stating that some groups are non christian groups. How is it different to Angela or another saying that it is part of ?

I'm sorry, what is your question.....

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:03am

oh please!

come on mishmish, surely what I have asked is not too complicated for you.

Edited by Angel
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:15am

Angel,

O.K. They asked Angela her beliefs. Angela told them her beliefs. Then they said, she was lying, those weren't her beliefs because that's not what the Mormon Church teaches. Then Angela posted the tenets of the Mormon church, which confirmed what she was saying, then they said she was lying because those weren't the tenets of the Mormon church. So, not only did they ask her to tell them what she believed, as soon as she did they called her a liar and that she was not a Christian.

Since Angela is a Mormon, I think she knows the tenets of her church.

At this point Angela asked them to leave her alone, but they would not. They continued to harass her on the forum as well as sending her PMs and e-mails.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:30am

Not to mention Angel, they were posting anti-mormon sites that contain misinformation and flat out false information.  Then they became offended when I said those sites lie about Mormons. 

The LDS Church faces some of the most vicious slander of any church out there.  When they posted those sites, they were no better than those that come here and post anti-muslim sites.  By taking action, the moderators actually proved their impartiality.  They treated the anti-mormon sites with the same conviction they do the anti-islamic sites that have been posted by others.

One post which was deleted that Meng put up declared that Mormons vow to avenge the death of Joseph Smith in the Temple.  Having been to the Temple on many occasions, baptisms, endowments and sealings....I can very emphatically say, Brother Joseph is NEVER spoken of in the Temple.  Now, this is what I would call casting doubt on anothers faith.  They were claiming things untrue and when countered began harassing. 

Secondly, many of the doctrines they were posting were twisted to suit their own ends.  Some were true, I didn't argue those, but with what purpose did they come here?  One had a run in with me and had numerous of her friends come here to contend with me over my beliefs.

You, David, Colin, Serv have never felt the need to "correct" me and I have always pointed out where my beliefs diverge.  They came here to preach and to contend.  This was admitted in PMs and emails.  I'm sure that had I tried to pass off the LDS beliefs as all of Christendom you would have corrected me.  So, if you hadn't previously had a problem why now?  I've before had to repeat that we are Christians with two ex Mormons who are now Muslim on this site.  That wasn't the core issue, it was just one of the many things they found to harass me with in their tirades.

I for one thing perhaps you should let this drop.  It didn't involve you, it had nothing to do with you and you did not get to see all the events.  The moderators were acting on a lot more than what you got to see.  They acted with, in my opinion, the appropriate steps of any moderator.  If you were being harassed by anyone over being Austrailian, Christian or a Woman.  I would expect them to afford you the same consideration that they did with me.

Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 2:37pm
Angela, could you identify for us those websites which claim that Mormons are taking an oathe to avenge the deaths of Joseph and Hiram Smith in the modern Temple ceremony?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic