IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should I give up music entirely?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should I give up music entirely?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I give up music entirely?
    Posted: 01 April 2020 at 6:04am
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2020 at 11:17am
Salam,
If you compose a music that avoid the vulgarity and indecency that has become the hallmark of our time, then do it 
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2020 at 9:29am
Before the Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam existed, music was already in Arabic society at that time.

Yusuf Al Qaradhawi in his book "Halal and Haram in Islam". But he also gave a number of conditions and one of them did not lead to disobedience.
In the history of Islam, music played quite a broad role for the development of Islam and became an art that was quite popular in society at that time.

Based on historical records, especially in the book of al-Aghani that existed in the 10th century revealed the emergence of a number of Muslim musicians who existed at the beginning of the caliphate, including Sa'ib Khatir, Tuwais and Ibn Mijjah. The spread of Islam to a number of regions had its own influence for example the spread of Islam to Persia, Turkey, India especially during the Abbasiyah government, even to my Country.
When al-Ma'mun ruled, the spread of Islam with music was also carried out by al-Kindi and then followed by al-Farabi.

In this day, there are many people who play music wrongly, but only a small number still pay attention to the limitation in playing music.

Until now, I still teach music, but the difference with music played by most people now is the music that I teach to orphans when remembering the struggle of the Prophet Muhammad, entertaining themselves and the surrounding community with Islamic poetry, and of course by not leave the worship that is required in Islam.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2020 at 6:28am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2020 at 6:07am
Please tell us where music came from (since we have forgotten), and who now can play it wherein it's not vain, at least in your estimation?
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2020 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by cowolter cowolter wrote:

Hello. 
Judging by how lowly and unsophisticated the music typically is today, I'm sure there are nothing but benefits from leaving it. It's definitely designed to make you more neurotic. Aristotle said that you can judge the direction a society is going in by the type of music that becomes popular. Music plays with your psyche by accessing it through the gate of emotions.
Maybe for some people do not have to leave music. It depends on who plays the role of the music.
In my understanding that music is due to Allah's permission, it means it's not in vain depending on who is playing the music.

رَبَّنَا مَا  خَلَقْتَ هٰذَا بَاطِلًا ۚ 
"...O our Lord, did not you create all this in vain;..."
(Quran 3: 191)

The verse explains the whole of Allah's creation. That means including music.
But unfortunately, many of those who play music forget where the music came from.

cowolter View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowolter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2020 at 2:22pm
Hello. 
Judging by how lowly and unsophisticated the music typically is today, I'm sure there are nothing but benefits from leaving it. It's definitely designed to make you more neurotic. Aristotle said that you can judge the direction a society is going in by the type of music that becomes popular. Music plays with your psyche by accessing it through the gate of emotions.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 9:21pm
You know I am very good in playing piano,it is a gift from Allah that whatever tune I hear I directly play piano,but slowly slowly I refrained from it and today I don't have an urge to play that, moreover I stop listening music,though when my family members want to listen,I don't stop them,it is not a question whether it is haraam or not,my experience says that when u try to leave something for Allah from heart,Allah removes affection of that thing from you, because think about it you listen music for peace,harmony did u really want that???the best thing to attain peace is to try to make Allah happy,recite Quran,perform daily 5 prayers, remember Allah often,try to do charity,do exercise,Allah loves strong believer as compared to weak,Allah in ch 13 v 28 of Quran says with remembrance of Allah heart finds peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic