IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - MIL  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MIL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMWM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MIL
    Posted: 28 January 2020 at 1:06am
My mother in law constantly criticize the way I raise my child. 
Always have negative comments to point out.
Even when my son is healthy but has rashes and birth marks she complains and question.
She doesn’t trust my parenting decision and skills.
Constantly expect too much from my husband without taking note of what we are going through as young couple and parents. 
She keeps telling my husband syurga is under her and that he should care of him family.
At the expense of his wife and child.
I don’t know what to do. 
I feel really sad about this.
I work. 
I care for my child.
My husband is never around and constantly travel.
I do everything on my own. 
They never care to offer a hand to help or even bother.
Yet have so much to comment.
Even when I decide not to bring my child out cause it’s flu season, they disapprove.
everything has to be her way.
I can’t even make a decision on what I want as parent. 
She never take care of my daughter too. Yet constantly criticize my parenting skills and say idk my own child.
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2020 at 3:17pm
Wa alaikum,
Not unusual in traditional Muslim societies. Your genius is to resolve it in a non confrontational manner. She also needs to be educated but never tell her that she does not know. Make sure that you win her confidence in doing things that are right. You wil have to take your husband into confidence. In traditional societies, issues are to be tackled in a delicate manner and changes have to be brought very carefully.. Give her some books on parenting or play some vidoes on how Islam wants children to be raised.
AA
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic