IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A clarification in one point in Surat Albakara  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A clarification in one point in Surat Albakara

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehan Riaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A clarification in one point in Surat Albakara
    Posted: 26 November 2019 at 1:00am
Assalam Alaykum Wa Rahmatu'Allah Wa Barakato,

I want a deeper clarification on one point. In Surat AlBakrah verse 221, forbids Muslim men and women to marry Mushirks unless the persons they intend marrying become believers which means become non-mushriks (start believing in one God) and not necessarily become Muslims.

That way both Muslim women and men can marry anybody who believes in one God irrespective he is from Ahle Kitaab or a follower of other religion. There is nowhere it is explained that the word believer means a Muslim and not an Ahle Kitaab or other. 

The above verse forbids marrying a Mushrik till he ceases to remain a Mushrik i.e. starts believing in one God irrespective that he maybe from Ahle Kitaab. It that is true then women are allowed to marry men from other religions if they believe in one God.

Please explain why one would assume that the word believer means Muslim.

May Allah reward you all the best
Rehan Riaz View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehan Riaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 10:22pm
Assalam Alaykum Wa Rahmatu'Allah Wa Barakato,

I'm still waiting for the answer.

May Allah reward you all the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic