IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is this a form of possession/mental illness?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a form of possession/mental illness?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anababin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this a form of possession/mental illness?
    Posted: 30 October 2019 at 12:33pm
this is really weird, but I do not know whether this is mental illness or not. When I was 5, I started seeing spirits until I was 20-ish until I received medication. Around 13, I started looking up things online, and found all kinds of explanations from medieval posession to schizophrenia. People say I think like a small child. People would say I was snobby, because I would often refrence of quality versus quality. I believe this might be from an abusive childhood because my family hardly celebrated my birthday, and when I'd get gifts, it would be like a single decorative pillow or something else lame like that.
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by anababin2000 anababin2000 wrote:

this is really weird, but I do not know whether this is mental illness or not. When I was 5, I started seeing spirits until I was 20-ish until I received medication. Around 13, I started looking up things online, and found all kinds of explanations from medieval posession to schizophrenia. People say I think like a small child. People would say I was snobby, because I would often refrence of quality versus quality. I believe this might be from an abusive childhood because my family hardly celebrated my birthday, and when I'd get gifts, it would be like a single decorative pillow or something else lame like that.
In Islam, the spirit cannot be seen.
"And they ask you (Muhammad) about spirits, say, the Spirit is part of my Lord's business, whereas you are given only a little knowledge."
(Quran 17: 85)

Maybe what you see is another supernatural being like an angel or jinn.
Because you mentioned the word "schizophrenia" in psychology it is classified as a psychotic disorder, which is a mental disorder that causes abnormal thoughts and perceptions.
Among the characteristics of such disturbances are hearing, seeing, or feeling something that does not exist (hallucinations) and believing things that actually did not happen (delusions).

I suggest you to continue to seek treatment from an expert such as a psychiatrist. He can check for signs of mental illness and help you with treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic