IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recently, having strong doubts about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently, having strong doubts about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammad80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recently, having strong doubts about Islam
    Posted: 26 October 2019 at 4:03pm
Hey guys, 
so I have been raised as a Muslim background.
But now I’m realizing that I’m only a Muslim because my parents are Muslim, and they’re Muslims because their parents were, and so on. 
No one in my family really questioned Islam and followed it blindly tbh.

Many people say the Qur’an is perfect, clear and easy to understand, and it is for all of humanity for all of time. 
But upon more research, I’m finding out this is not true.

(1) One of the great challenges by Allah is that humans will never be able to create life. 
This seemed reasonable to me, as I don’t understand either how non-living atoms can become “living”. After all, living creatures are formed by the same elements that are found throughout the universe. There’s no “factor” which seems to provide life. 

This asides, recently, science has been able to create self-replicating polymers out of scratch (ie, not harvested from living cells or anything). 
This is pretty concerning, because self-replicating polymers are basically “life”, as they’re doing something on “their own”. 

(2) Things in Qur’an are no longer relevant in today’s society.

Islamic law is to be followed by all Muslims; we can’t cherry pick what we follow or we’re not following Islam.
If that’s true, then there are huge problems...

-One, Islam says that women’s testimony counts half of men’s, because back then, women were generally uneducated (I still don’t think that’s enough of a reason to discount women as being 50% as smart as men).
In today’s society, that’s no longer the case. But the Qur’an doesn’t say that that rule is only for that time (similarly to how Muslims must abstain from pre-marital sex no matter what the era and the Islamic punishment for stealing is the chopping of the hand, no matter what the era).
Now of course, many Muslim countries don’t follow these rules. But then are they really following Islam?

-Similarly, Islam says to keep having children and Allah will provide for them. In a Hadith, Muhammad discouraged withdrawal to his followers when they were raping war captives and said that whoever is to be born, will be born so there’s no point.

Back then, there weren’t much Muslims so it made sense. But now, the Earth is being overpopulated and people need to have resources to raise their children. There are many cases where in Pakistan poor people have a lot of children and they have to sell them to prostitution or they won’t be able to take care of them.

But according to Islam, this is encouraged without any limitations.

(3) Violence encouraged by Islam

We have to wonder if a perfect religion is one that encourages so much violence. Whether we want to believe it or not, Islam is not a peaceful religion.
In our modern society, does it really make sense to live like this? We should be furthering humanity and accepting each other instead of showing hatred.

-Many times throughout the Qur’an and in Hadith, God/Muhammad say to slay the nonbelievers, kill the apostles, kill them, kill them. I believe somewhere it is stated that if there are 20 Muslims, they should kill 200 non-believers. It is said to kill till there is nothing but Islam left.

-In the Qur’an, Allah said to fight whether you like it or not.

-People are encouraged to leave their religion to follow Islam, but if someone tries to leave Islam, the punishment is death. 

-Islam also says non-Muslims will never be your friends, and that they’re all inherently evil.
I find it hard to believe this. Living in the U.S. now, I have so many non-Muslim friends who are great people. There are many people who have dedicated themselves to humanity but are non Muslims. Am I supposed to believe they’re all inherently evil?

(4) Flaws in Islam (that I note)

-A man will not be asked why he beat his wife

-Muhammad said in 2 Hadiths that women who complain of their husbands beating them are “not the best of women”

-Women have to cover themselves from head to toe, while men don’t

-Women have to follow what their husbands say or the husband can beat them/threaten divorce

-Men can have sex with their slave girls, and their wives can’t complain

-Women captured in war can be raped/traded as sex slaves

-Escaping from slavery is considered a major sin

-Muhammad said to beat your wife with a certain type of wire (I think) because it hurt more

-Islam says to kill dogs and not keep them as pets due to diseases, but this a great myth as dogs don’t carry insane amount of diseases like it’s said. In fact, a study shows that people who have dogs as pets live longer.

-The description of heaven provides a lot for men but barely provides context for what’s there for women. 

-The Qur’an says that Jews believe Ezra as Son of God, when that’s 0 evidence for that and no Jew ever said that. Even in Arabia, there was no documented proof of such thing. 

**I seriously wonder if this is how we should be living our lives these days. If you call yourself a “moderate” Muslim, you’re fooling yourself. Why are you choosing to follow part of your religion? Many mosques say, “We condemn violence”, but that’s false, because Islam doesn’t.
The 9/11 attacks were justified by Islam. People may also know of the rapes committed by the Pakistani army of Bengali women by declaring them to be non-Muslims and then using Qur’an to justify rape. By Islamic law, they did nothing wrong there.

Should we really be killing non-Muslims, thinking they’re all evil and won’t ever be our friends, waging holy war till no non-believer is left (while raping their women), and oppressing women in general.
As humanity, we have progressed, so does Islam really still fit?

I would like to have this answered by any fellow Muslim (yes I said fellow, I’m still following Islam, but highly skeptical right now). I really want to keep believing in Islam.
But it seems to me that most Muslims are just reading the Arabic of the Qur’an without knowing any idea of what it’s actually saying and that many Muslims are Muslims only because that’s what they’ve been indoctrined.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 8:00am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi Barakatuh,

Questions rising in your mind, although you belong to a musim family are not uncommon.
It's okay !

You have got many questions and I leave the ones which can be responded by the members, who have more understanding.

About, why 2 women witnesses equal to 1, better go through this link, as I find is perfectly dotted

If still doubts persists, we will discuss here, InshaaAllah

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 8:42am
Salaams and welcome! Perhaps we can unpack your list of concerns one at a time. First, kindly quote where in the Quran does Allah challenge mankind to create life?
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 11:01am

Let me also tell you that your queries seem like from an anti-musim website, not your own.

Can you state the query/doubt in reference to book of hadith as well as name of Surah from Quran [ whichever you are referring to

You find barbaric to chop hands of a theif.

It does n't mean all theives whoever steal are chopped. 
There are some terms and conditions for it

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Hammad80 Hammad80 wrote:

Hey guys, 
so I have been raised as a Muslim background.
But now I’m realizing that I’m only a Muslim because my parents are Muslim, and they’re Muslims because their parents were, and so on. 
No one in my family really questioned Islam and followed it blindly tbh.

Many people say the Qur’an is perfect, clear and easy to understand, and it is for all of humanity for all of time. 
But upon more research, I’m finding out this is not true.

(1) One of the great challenges by Allah is that humans will never be able to create life. 
This seemed reasonable to me, as I don’t understand either how non-living atoms can become “living”. After all, living creatures are formed by the same elements that are found throughout the universe. There’s no “factor” which seems to provide life. 

This asides, recently, science has been able to create self-replicating polymers out of scratch (ie, not harvested from living cells or anything). 
This is pretty concerning, because self-replicating polymers are basically “life”, as they’re doing something on “their own”. 

(2) Things in Qur’an are no longer relevant in today’s society.

Islamic law is to be followed by all Muslims; we can’t cherry pick what we follow or we’re not following Islam.
If that’s true, then there are huge problems...

-One, Islam says that women’s testimony counts half of men’s, because back then, women were generally uneducated (I still don’t think that’s enough of a reason to discount women as being 50% as smart as men).
In today’s society, that’s no longer the case. But the Qur’an doesn’t say that that rule is only for that time (similarly to how Muslims must abstain from pre-marital sex no matter what the era and the Islamic punishment for stealing is the chopping of the hand, no matter what the era).
Now of course, many Muslim countries don’t follow these rules. But then are they really following Islam?

-Similarly, Islam says to keep having children and Allah will provide for them. In a Hadith, Muhammad discouraged withdrawal to his followers when they were raping war captives and said that whoever is to be born, will be born so there’s no point.

Back then, there weren’t much Muslims so it made sense. But now, the Earth is being overpopulated and people need to have resources to raise their children. There are many cases where in Pakistan poor people have a lot of children and they have to sell them to prostitution or they won’t be able to take care of them.

But according to Islam, this is encouraged without any limitations.

(3) Violence encouraged by Islam

We have to wonder if a perfect religion is one that encourages so much violence. Whether we want to believe it or not, Islam is not a peaceful religion.
In our modern society, does it really make sense to live like this? We should be furthering humanity and accepting each other instead of showing hatred.

-Many times throughout the Qur’an and in Hadith, God/Muhammad say to slay the nonbelievers, kill the apostles, kill them, kill them. I believe somewhere it is stated that if there are 20 Muslims, they should kill 200 non-believers. It is said to kill till there is nothing but Islam left.

-In the Qur’an, Allah said to fight whether you like it or not.

-People are encouraged to leave their religion to follow Islam, but if someone tries to leave Islam, the punishment is death. 

-Islam also says non-Muslims will never be your friends, and that they’re all inherently evil.
I find it hard to believe this. Living in the U.S. now, I have so many non-Muslim friends who are great people. There are many people who have dedicated themselves to humanity but are non Muslims. Am I supposed to believe they’re all inherently evil?

(4) Flaws in Islam (that I note)

-A man will not be asked why he beat his wife

-Muhammad said in 2 Hadiths that women who complain of their husbands beating them are “not the best of women”

-Women have to cover themselves from head to toe, while men don’t

-Women have to follow what their husbands say or the husband can beat them/threaten divorce

-Men can have sex with their slave girls, and their wives can’t complain

-Women captured in war can be raped/traded as sex slaves

-Escaping from slavery is considered a major sin

-Muhammad said to beat your wife with a certain type of wire (I think) because it hurt more

-Islam says to kill dogs and not keep them as pets due to diseases, but this a great myth as dogs don’t carry insane amount of diseases like it’s said. In fact, a study shows that people who have dogs as pets live longer.

-The description of heaven provides a lot for men but barely provides context for what’s there for women. 

-The Qur’an says that Jews believe Ezra as Son of God, when that’s 0 evidence for that and no Jew ever said that. Even in Arabia, there was no documented proof of such thing. 

**I seriously wonder if this is how we should be living our lives these days. If you call yourself a “moderate” Muslim, you’re fooling yourself. Why are you choosing to follow part of your religion? Many mosques say, “We condemn violence”, but that’s false, because Islam doesn’t.
The 9/11 attacks were justified by Islam. People may also know of the rapes committed by the Pakistani army of Bengali women by declaring them to be non-Muslims and then using Qur’an to justify rape. By Islamic law, they did nothing wrong there.

Should we really be killing non-Muslims, thinking they’re all evil and won’t ever be our friends, waging holy war till no non-believer is left (while raping their women), and oppressing women in general.
As humanity, we have progressed, so does Islam really still fit?

I would like to have this answered by any fellow Muslim (yes I said fellow, I’m still following Islam, but highly skeptical right now). I really want to keep believing in Islam.
But it seems to me that most Muslims are just reading the Arabic of the Qur’an without knowing any idea of what it’s actually saying and that many Muslims are Muslims only because that’s what they’ve been indoctrined.
The answer for no. 1
Yes, humans cannot create life except Allah.

The answer for no. 2
Women are predestined to abilities not like men. Not only for the past but also today, as concrete evidence that the leaders of the countries are mostly men.

Islam forbids sex outside of marriage because humans are not animals.

You don't know the wisdom behind the law of qishash in Islam, like a thief is cut off by his hand, that is to make other thieves afraid to do the theft.
One thief is cut off but saves the other thief from the punishment of cutting off a hand.

Yes, many Muslim countries don’t follow Islamic rules, but they follow tawheed.

That's true that Allah will provide for children, but parents are also instructed by Allah to use their brain.

There are many cases where in Pakistan poor people have a lot of children and they have to sell them to prostitution or they won’t be able to take care of them.

That is a characteristic of Muslims who do not understand the Koran. God entrusts children not to be treated as such, but to be raised and given a good and right education.

The Prophet Muhammad never allowed his followers to rape women. You must be careful with false hadiths that will discredit the Prophet Muhammad and discredit the teachings of Islam. For your information, there are thousands of fake Hadiths currently in circulation.

The answer for no. 3
Allah and the Prophet Muhammad never ordered violence as in the Quran and hadith.
I am a non-violent Muslim because there is no order from Allah and the Prophet Muhammad.

As for being ordered to kill, that is when in war, will you remain silent if you want to be killed by your enemy?
Allah will help believers in war even though the number of troops is less than the opponent, for example during the war of Badr.

Allah does not command to force other religions to convert to Islam, the duty of Muslims is only to convey the truth from Allah in a good and wise way.

The answer for no. 4
A man will not be asked if in fact that his wife's makes a fatal mistake.

(Women have to cover themselves from head to toe.)

You do not understand the law and the positive consequences of closing aurat.

(Women have to follow what their husbands say or the husband can beat them/threaten divorce.)

What kind of husband should be followed? Because not all husbands are good and right.

(Men can have sex with their slave girls, and their wives can’t complain)
(Women captured in war can be raped/traded as sex slaves)

Islam does not teach like that.

(Escaping from slavery is considered a major sin)

Who say that?
It was precisely the Prophet Muhammad who forbade slavery.

(Muhammad said to beat your wife with a certain type of wire (I think) because it hurt more)

Prophet Muhammad did not order like that.

(Islam says to kill dogs and not keep them as pets due to diseases, but this a great myth as dogs don’t carry insane amount of diseases like it’s said. In fact, a study shows that people who have dogs as pets live longer.)

In fact the Prophet Muhammad said that in dogs there are two benefits for humans.

(The description of heaven provides a lot for men but barely provides context for what’s there for women.)

Heaven is not meant for men or women, but for anyone who is fear to Allah.

(The Qur’an says that Jews believe Ezra as Son of God, when that’s 0 evidence for that and no Jew ever said that. Even in Arabia, there was no documented proof of such thing.)

Could you please show me that verse in the Quran ?

If you want to see the truth about Islam religion, don't be influenced by some Muslim behavior. But study the teachings such as reading and understanding the contents of the Qoran, also read the authentic hadith, don't just listen to what people say.
You must remember that not all Muslims have carried out the commands of Allah and His Messenger.

If anything is unclear, please ask again, I will be happy to answer and explain it.

MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2019 at 6:11am

Brothers and sister: Jazakumullahu Khairan for your good replies.

The person who started this discussion (Hammad80) is a fake... a troll... an Islamophobe. His likes keep assuming various identities and come back on here to attack your religion. They will never stop. They are getting more and more 'skilled' at concealing their identity (i.e. at hypocrisie and disguise), so you need to be very alert. (Note: At least 'Peacemaker' does not hide his identity, hatred and intentions).

We know (and I can quote from the Qur'an and Hadith if you want) that faith/belief (Eeman) increases and decreases... but no genuine Muslim ever uses that to attack Islam in this manner. I don't wanna say more than this right now [apart from: there are more genuine ways of 'asking'].

However... I would like to add some thoughts/replies. I am doing this for the benefit of my Muslim brothers and sisters... not for the likes of Hammond80 (as they are not interested).

...so I have been raised as a Muslim background...

This could be true or false... but if we look around, some of the most vocal opponents/enemies of Islam were brought up in a 'Muslim' household and carry real Muslim names.

...But now I’m realizing that I’m only a Muslim because my parents are Muslim, and they’re Muslims because their parents were, and so on....

There isn't a day that goes past that I don't thank Allah SWT for making me a Muslim... of all the bounties that Allah SWT Bestowed on me, this is by far the best. 

...No one in my family really questioned Islam and followed it blindly tbh...

Nothing wrong with asking questions... in fact, we are encouraged to do so... as long as you are polite and genuine about searching for the truth.
However...Think of it this way: Islam is like the only path out of a forest fire: Following it blindly is better than following any other path or following no path at all.

...Many people say the Qur’an is perfect, clear and easy to understand, and it is for all of humanity for all of time. 
But upon more research, I’m finding out this is not true...

That's because you are 'researching' and getting all your answers in Islamophobe websites. (that's if you're not actually the author yourself).

...(1) ... I don’t understand either how non-living atoms can become “living”...

...recently, science has been able to create self-replicating polymers out of scratch (ie, not harvested from living cells or anything). 
This is pretty concerning, because self-replicating polymers are basically “life”, as they’re doing something on “their own”...

Even school children know that there are 7 conditions that have to be met, for any substance/organism to be described as living. These 7 conditions are called MRS GREN (or sometimes MRS NERG): it has to be able to do the following: Movement, Reproduction, Sensitivity (to external factors), Growth, Respiration, Excretion and Nutrition. (that is: it needs to be able to do all 7, or else it's not 'living').

Furthermore, self-replication is not new... many things self-replicate, but this does not mean that they are 'living'. check this out: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-replication

And yes I am aware of the work/research done by Sergei Maslov and Alexei Tkachenko. They've developed a model that explains how monomers could very rapidly make the jump to more complex polymers at the nanoscale. Their work was published in The Journal of Chemical Physics.

In a way, I feel sorry for you, because while desperately trying to use anything scientific to attack Islam... you were failed by the most 'elementary' science. Embarrassed

...There are many cases where in Pakistan poor people have a lot of children and they have to sell them to prostitution or they won’t be able to take care of them...

So you take random cases like this and blame them on Islam and the Qur'an? FYI This happens in many countries around the world... including non-Muslims.

...(3) Violence encouraged by Islam

We have to wonder if a perfect religion is one that encourages so much violence. Whether we want to believe it or not, Islam is not a peaceful religion...

Typical islamophobic rant. 

In our world today, we are witnessing a violent war between various Extremists (of different ideologies and beliefs, including some Muslims, non-Muslims, islamophobes, trolls...etc)... it's a tit-for-tat... the only problem is that these extremists don't attack each other... they always attack the innocent victims in the middle (that is: Muslim and non-Muslim victims). I personally find it very sad whenever an innocent victim is attacked by an extremist... no matter who each of them is. And this violence is not always physical... sometimes it's verbal, emotional, mental...etc. Muslims are very much at the receiving end, but the Media (the biggest culprit) chooses what to highlight and what to ignore.

...-Islam also says non-Muslims will never be your friends, and that they’re all inherently evil.
I find it hard to believe this. Living in the U.S. now, I have so many non-Muslim friends who are great people. There are many people who have dedicated themselves to humanity but are non Muslims. Am I supposed to believe they’re all inherently evil?...

Typical islamophobic rant. This only happens in the 'ghettos' that you extremists have created. I have many Non-Muslim friends, and we are very loyal to each other... we don't share beliefs, but we certainly share many other life's aspects. We have a good 'laugh' with each other.

I do not think of non-muslims as 'evil'... I always think of them as 'Prospective Muslims', and that includes islamophobes. Some of the most fervent opponents of Islam have eventually converted to Islam... and we have examples of this from the dawn (beginning) of Islam until today. For example Joram van Klaveren: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/05/dutch-former-anti-islam-mp-says-become-muslim/

Then Hammad80 goes on and gathers every islamophobic criticism from their websites... and throws it at you. (false accusations of course, and no references as usual).

...-The Qur’an says that Jews believe Ezra as Son of God, when that’s 0 evidence for that and no Jew ever said that. Even in Arabia, there was no documented proof of such thing...

This is referring to [Qur'an 9:30].
Jewish scholars used to meet regularly with our Prophet PBUH, but they never objected to this verse. (Because they knew it was true). If they had objected, then they would have made a very big deal out of it, and we would have known about that... In fact, we have the names of some of them who ended up converting to Islam.. and became great companions of our Prophet PBUH.

I have more to say about this, but unfortunately no time. Perhaps soon Inshallah. The Dead Sea Scrolls (discovered in 1947) were the ultimate nail in the coffin of all skeptics.

...Many mosques say, “We condemn violence”, but that’s false, because Islam doesn’t.
The 9/11 attacks were justified by Islam...

Pure Islamophobic hatred. The likes of Hammad80 are the extremists who are causing all the problems of the modern world.

...People may also know of the rapes committed by the Pakistani army of Bengali women by declaring them to be non-Muslims and then using Qur’an to justify rape. By Islamic law, they did nothing wrong there...

Pure Islamophobic drivel. 

...As humanity, we have progressed, so does Islam really still fit?...

According to your likes... clearly NOT.
This is quite obvious by all the concentration camps, genocide, extermination, discrimination and prejudice that is perpetrated against innocent Muslims throughout the world.

...I’m still following Islam, but highly skeptical right now. I really want to keep believing in Islam...

Really?!... How nice and innocent!

...But it seems to me that most Muslims are just reading the Arabic of the Qur’an without knowing any idea of what it’s actually saying and that many Muslims are Muslims only because that’s what they’ve been indoctrined.

Careful! you're showing your true colors here.

So let me see if I get this right... most Muslims don't understand the Qur'an, but Extremist Islamophobes do! Confused

We Muslims are nowhere near perfect, and we are constantly working on improving ourselves... however here is something controversial that we really understand: Coming across people like yourself makes us understand our Islam better, and really increases our belief and faith in the True Religion.

And Finally...

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Let me also tell you that your queries seem like from an anti-musim website, not your own...

So refreshing... Jazakillahu Khairan seekshidayath for being alert. Smile

asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2019 at 7:58am
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Brothers and sister: Jazakumullahu Khairan for your good replies.

The person who started this discussion (Hammad80) is a fake... a troll... an Islamophobe. His likes keep assuming various identities and come back on here to attack your religion. They will never stop. They are getting better and better at this, so you need to be very alert. (Note: At least 'Peacemaker' does not hide his identity, hatred and intentions).

We know (and I can quote from the Qur'an and Hadith if you want) that faith/belief (Eeman) increases and decreases... but no genuine Muslim ever uses that to attack Islam in this manner. I cannot say more than this, because I don't want to show him/her how to avoid being detected next time. [all I can say is: there are more genuine ways of 'asking'].

However... I would like to add some thoughts/replies. I am doing this for the benefit of my Muslim brothers and sisters... not for the likes of Hammond80 (as they are not interested).

...so I have been raised as a Muslim background...

This could be true or false... but if we look around, some of the most vocal opponents/enemies of Islam were brought up in a 'Muslim' household and carry real Muslim names.

...But now I’m realizing that I’m only a Muslim because my parents are Muslim, and they’re Muslims because their parents were, and so on....

There isn't a day that goes past that I don't thank Allah SWT for making me a Muslim... of all the bounties that Allah SWT Bestowed on me, this is by far the best. 

...No one in my family really questioned Islam and followed it blindly tbh...

Nothing wrong with asking questions... in fact, we are encouraged to do so... as long as you are polite and genuine about searching for the truth.
However...Think of it this way: Islam is like the only path out of a forest fire: Following it blindly is better than following any other path or following no path at all.

...Many people say the Qur’an is perfect, clear and easy to understand, and it is for all of humanity for all of time. 
But upon more research, I’m finding out this is not true...

That's because you are 'researching' and getting all your answers in Islamophobe websites. (that's if you're not actually the author yourself).

...(1) ... I don’t understand either how non-living atoms can become “living”...

...recently, science has been able to create self-replicating polymers out of scratch (ie, not harvested from living cells or anything). 
This is pretty concerning, because self-replicating polymers are basically “life”, as they’re doing something on “their own”...

Even school children know that there are 7 conditions that have to be met, for any substance/organism to be described as living. These 7 conditions are called MRS GREN (or sometimes MRS NERG): it has to be able to do the following: Movement, Reproduction, Sensitivity (to external factors), Growth, Respiration, Excretion and Nutrition. (that is: it needs to be able to do all 7, or else it's not 'living').

Furthermore, self-replication is not new... many things self-replicate, but this does not mean that they are 'living'. check this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-replication

And yes I am aware of the work/research done by Sergei Maslov and Alexei Tkachenko. They've developed a model that explains how monomers could very rapidly make the jump to more complex polymers at the nanoscale. Their work was published in The Journal of Chemical Physics.

In a way, I feel sorry for you, because while desperately trying to use anything scientific to attack Islam... you were failed by the most 'elementary' science. Embarrassed

...There are many cases where in Pakistan poor people have a lot of children and they have to sell them to prostitution or they won’t be able to take care of them...

So you take random cases like this and blame them on Islam and the Qur'an? FYI This happens in many countries around the world... including non-Muslims.

...(3) Violence encouraged by Islam

We have to wonder if a perfect religion is one that encourages so much violence. Whether we want to believe it or not, Islam is not a peaceful religion...

Typical islamophobic rant. 

In our world today, we are witnessing a violent war between various Extremists (of different ideologies and beliefs, including some Muslims, non-Muslims, islamophobes, trolls...etc)... it's a tit-for-tat... the only problem is that these extremists don't attack each other... they always attack the innocent victims in the middle (that is: Muslim and non-Muslim victims). I personally find it very sad whenever an innocent victim is attacked by an extremist... no matter who each of them is. And this violence is not always physical... sometimes it's verbal, emotional, mental...etc. Muslims are very much on the receiving end, but the Media (the biggest culprit) chooses what to highlight and what to ignore.

...-Islam also says non-Muslims will never be your friends, and that they’re all inherently evil.
I find it hard to believe this. Living in the U.S. now, I have so many non-Muslim friends who are great people. There are many people who have dedicated themselves to humanity but are non Muslims. Am I supposed to believe they’re all inherently evil?...

Typical islamophobic rant. This only happens in the 'ghettos' that you extremists have created. I have many Non-Muslim friends, and we are very loyal to each other... we don't share beliefs, but we certainly share many other life's aspects. We have a good 'laugh' with each other.

Then Hammad80 goes on and gathers every islamophobic criticism from their websites... and throws it at you. (false accusations of course, and no references as usual).

...-The Qur’an says that Jews believe Ezra as Son of God, when that’s 0 evidence for that and no Jew ever said that. Even in Arabia, there was no documented proof of such thing...

This is referring to [Qur'an 9:30].
Jewish scholars used to meet regularly with our Prophet PBUH, but they never objected to this verse. (Because they knew it was true). If they had objected, then they would have made a very big deal out of it, and we would have known about that.

I have more to say about this, but unfortunately no time. Perhaps soon Inshallah. The Dead Sea Scrolls (discovered in 1947) were the ultimate nail in the coffin of all skeptics.

...Many mosques say, “We condemn violence”, but that’s false, because Islam doesn’t.
The 9/11 attacks were justified by Islam...

Pure Islamophobic hatred. The likes of Hammad80 are the extremists who are causing all the problems of the modern world.

...People may also know of the rapes committed by the Pakistani army of Bengali women by declaring them to be non-Muslims and then using Qur’an to justify rape. By Islamic law, they did nothing wrong there...

Pure Islamophobic drivel. 

...As humanity, we have progressed, so does Islam really still fit?...

According to your likes... clearly NOT.
This is quite obvious by all the concentration camps, genocide and extermination that is perpetrated against innocent Muslims throughout the world.

...I’m still following Islam, but highly skeptical right now. I really want to keep believing in Islam...

Really?!... How nice and innocent!

...But it seems to me that most Muslims are just reading the Arabic of the Qur’an without knowing any idea of what it’s actually saying and that many Muslims are Muslims only because that’s what they’ve been indoctrined.

Careful! you're showing your true colors here.

And Finally...

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Let me also tell you that your queries seem like from an anti-musim website, not your own...

So refreshing... Jazakillahu Khairan seekshidayath for being alert. Smile

Thank you MIAW for reminding us.
In fact, I've already known that this person (hammad80) is classified as a hypocritical Muslim (if he is a Muslim)
But if he pretends to be a Muslim then I really believe that Allah Ta'ala Sees what he does.

جَزَاكَ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا

MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2019 at 12:22am

Wa Iyyak! You're welcome Asep.

I have made some alterations and additions to my post above, so if you want, you could alter (the quote) accordingly.

Getting criticized by opponents of Islam is not always a bad thing... it just highlights the many misconceptions that exist out there about our religion... and hence the task that is upon us (of educating non-muslims, fellow muslims, and even ourselves).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic