IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Recently, having strong doubts about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recently, having strong doubts about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2019 at 1:38am
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Wa Iyyak! You're welcome Asep.

I have made some alterations and additions to my post above, so if you want, you could alter (the quote) accordingly.

Getting criticized by opponents of Islam is not always a bad thing... it just highlights the many misconceptions that exist out there about our religion... and hence the task that is upon us (of educating non-muslims, fellow muslims, and even ourselves).

Thank you MIAW,
That's right because it's the command of Allah Ta'ala.

بَارَكَ اللهُ فِيْك

Hammad80 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammad80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2019 at 7:36pm
I recently got an email that there were replies to my post, so I decided to check them out.

First of all, to all of you who have attempted to answer/answer the questions, I thank you. It seems like most of you asked for sources and stated that many of the things I was saying were incorrect. I will provide my sources.

But first, to the guy who says I'm a fake/troll:

Wow, just wow! I can see why people turn away from Islam. I asked genuine questions that trouble me, and you are telling everyone that I am not a Muslim and I am trolling! But I will try to ignore this.

Back on point. 

I understand that there are many false hadiths. But who decides them? Any hadiths that people don't like get called a weak hadith?

But for what I was saying:
@asep_garutea
(1) Ok. Fair enough. We'll know in the future if humans can truly create life or not extend beyond self-replicating polymers.

(2) That is true, but does it account for as much as half the mental capability? Like 1 testimony equivalent to 2? I will check out the source @seekshidayath provided

(3) In war, ofcourse you kill. I'm talking about outside of war.
 I meant outside of war.
However, upon further research I realize these verses are taken out of context. So I will redact this point.
But then, just to confirm: this means that you believe Taliban are not following Islam? There are many muslims in countries (such as Pakistan) that support Taliban and their activities. Are they all misguided?

(4) Please provide benefits of women covering. Why does it not apply to men?

Quran 4:24 (Sura An-Nisa): "And [also prohibited to you all] married women except those your right hand possess." 

*"Right hand posses" refers to slaves. This is clearly saying you can have sex with slave girls.

While not in the Qur'an, Imama Al-Dhahabi says that there are 70 major sins, of which number 57 is: "A slave's running away from his master".

I cannot re-find the hadith where Muhammad said to beat wife with a flexible wire because it hurts more. It might have been a weak hadith. If I can find it, i will post it.

But in Qur'an 4:34 (Surah An-Nisa), is is stated that if your wife doesn't listen to you the third time: "and [finally] strike them."

*Tell me how this isn't abuse and against human rights? Striking someone (who is not your child- and even then, lightly and for good reason) who is an adult should not be allowed.

Please provide the benefits of dogs that Muhammad says.
As for my source:

Bukhari Sharif Vol. 4 (4:540): "Allah's Apostle ordered that dogs should be killed."
(4:541): "Allah's Apostle said, 'If someone keeps a dog, he loses one Qirat (of the reward) of his good deeds every day, except if he keeps it for the purpose of agriculture or for the protection of livestock.'"

*In general, there is clear hate for dogs in Islam

(Heaven is not meant for men or women, but for anyone who is fear to Allah)

That's a straw man argument. It doesn't answer the question I asked.
If it is for anyone, why is there the appeal for men in heaven the highest? Qur'an should have equally provided details of what's in heaven for men, women, jinn, anyone else.

Qur'an 9:30 (Surah At-Tawbah): "The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah"; and the Christian's say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieve [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?"

*Ezra refers to Uzair and Messiah is, ofcourse, Esa

------------------
Thank you for answering my questions before. I really want to keep believing in Islam and even yesterday, I prayed and asked Allah for signs. 
But these doubts do pop up and they must be cleared. Otherwise, I am only lying to myself.

I am not a troll or anything. You could see my thread history- I joined in 2017 where I asked an unrelated question to any of this. Anyone who still thinks I am- well, there's nothing I can do to convince you.
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2019 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Hammad80 Hammad80 wrote:

I recently got an email that there were replies to my post, so I decided to check them out.

First of all, to all of you who have attempted to answer/answer the questions, I thank you. It seems like most of you asked for sources and stated that many of the things I was saying were incorrect. I will provide my sources.

Wow, just wow! I can see why people turn away from Islam. I asked genuine questions that trouble me, and you are telling everyone that I am not a Muslim and I am trolling! But I will try to ignore this.

Back on point. 

I understand that there are many false hadiths. But who decides them? Any hadiths that people don't like get called a weak hadith?

@asep_garutea
(1) Ok. Fair enough. We'll know in the future if humans can truly create life or not extend beyond self-replicating polymers.

(2) That is true, but does it account for as much as half the mental capability? Like 1 testimony equivalent to 2? I will check out the source @seekshidayath provided

I meant outside of war.
However, upon further research I realize these verses are taken out of context. So I will redact this point.
But then, just to confirm: this means that you believe Taliban are not following Islam? There are many muslims in countries (such as Pakistan) that support Taliban and their activities. Are they all misguided?

Quran 4:24 (Sura An-Nisa): "And [also prohibited to you all] married women except those your right hand possess." 

*"Right hand posses" refers to slaves. This is clearly saying you can have sex with slave girls.

While not in the Qur'an, Imama Al-Dhahabi says that there are 70 major sins, of which number 57 is: "A slave's running away from his master".

I cannot re-find the hadith where Muhammad said to beat wife with a flexible wire because it hurts more. It might have been a weak hadith. If I can find it, i will post it.

But in Qur'an 4:34 (Surah An-Nisa), is is stated that if your wife doesn't listen to you the third time: "and [finally] strike them."

*Tell me how this isn't abuse and against human rights? Striking someone (who is not your child- and even then, lightly and for good reason) who is an adult should not be allowed.

As for my source:

Bukhari Sharif Vol. 4 (4:540): "Allah's Apostle ordered that dogs should be killed."
(4:541): "Allah's Apostle said, 'If someone keeps a dog, he loses one Qirat (of the reward) of his good deeds every day, except if he keeps it for the purpose of agriculture or for the protection of livestock.'"

If it is for anyone, why is there the appeal for men in heaven the highest? Qur'an should have equally provided details of what's in heaven for men, women, jinn, anyone else.

Qur'an 9:30 (Surah At-Tawbah): "The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah"; and the Christian's say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieve [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?"

------------------
Thank you for answering my questions before. I really want to keep believing in Islam and even yesterday, I prayed and asked Allah for signs. 
But these doubts do pop up and they must be cleared. Otherwise, I am only lying to myself.

I am not a troll or anything. You could see my thread history- I joined in 2017 where I asked an unrelated question to any of this. Anyone who still thinks I am- well, there's nothing I can do to convince you.
Hammad80,
There's one thing that makes it strange for me is that you claim to be a Muslim but your questions are actually like hate Islamic teachings.
Frankly speaking, I have been preaching for more than twenty years, but only this time I found someone who claimed to be a Muslim who behaved like you.

Sorry, I am not Allah, but Alhamdulillah, although we've never met, but with Bashiratul 'ilm that Allah gave to me, so I dare to guess you that you don't do salah like Muslims in general.

Hammad80 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammad80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by asep garutea asep garutea wrote:

Back on point. 

@asep_garutea

I meant outside of war.

As for my source:

------------------

Hammad80,
There's one thing that makes it strange for me is that you claim to be a Muslim but your questions are actually like hate Islamic teachings.
Frankly speaking, I have been preaching for more than twenty years, but only this time I found someone who claimed to be a Muslim who behaved like you.

Sorry, I am not Allah, but Alhamdulillah, although we've never met, but with Bashiratul 'ilm that Allah gave to me, so I dare to guess you that you don't do salah like Muslims in general.

...And you have failed to counter any of the things I mentioned, despite previously asking for sources explicitly.

Thank you for showing your incompetence by personal attacking. 

What a joke.

Glad I left this cult called Islam. Time to do bigger and greater things in the world :) 
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 3:08am

Hammad80',

I hope that you don't mind us using your posts to learn a few things about Islam... 

... Glad I left this cult called Islam...

But 24 hours earlier you wrote:

...even yesterday, I prayed and asked Allah for signs...
That was quick!! (One day praying to Allah SWT... and the next day: Leaving Islam)... Hmmm... very dodgy Embarrassed

...I will provide my sources...

OK...Good luck finding them...

...I can see why people turn away from Islam...

Is that why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world?... just type the question on Google... or look at Paragraph 2 here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_religion

...I asked genuine questions that trouble me...

No you didn't... In your first post alone, You waged 54 attacks on Islam, Muslims, the Quran, our Prophet...etc. 

...I understand that there are many false hadiths. But who decides them? Any hadiths that people don't like get called a weak hadith?...

Contrary to what Islamophobes think, a good Muslim has no problem with Hadiths... because we have millions of scholars (throughout our history) who dedicated their entire lives to studying and classifying Hadiths... but I accept that there are some 'weak' Muslims who fall for 'fake' hadiths.

...We'll know in the future if humans can truly create life or not...

Good luck waiting for that!... But I can save you the 'wait' and tell you: it won't happen... because of those 7 processes (Type: MRS GREN) that I explained to you previously.

Qur'an [21:30]

Chapter (21) sūrat l-anbiyāa (The Prophets)

Pickthall: Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them, and we made every living thing of water? Will they not then believe?

...Please provide benefits of women covering. Why does it not apply to men?...

I don't know if you know this (or if you have noticed), but... men and women are very different from each other... and (most importantly)... God (who created them both) Knows this!!... so He Decided who 'covers up' more, and who covers up less... However some people object (falsely in the name of: freedom to dress as you like), because they enjoy seeing scantily clad women (i.e. wearing as little as possible)... but hey ho! what do I know??!!

...Quran 4:24 (Sura An-Nisa): "And [also prohibited to you all] married women except those your right hand possess." 

While not in the Qur'an, Imama Al-Dhahabi says that there are 70 major sins, of which number 57 is: "A slave's running away from his master"....

Islam came to give slaves rights, and eventually free them... Islamophobes have the 'guts' to accuse Islam of all sorts... when their own history is littered with the most 'savage' treatment of humans and animals, including slaves. Video here: https://en.islamway.net/video/76802/slavery-in-islam?__ref=search 

...I cannot re-find the hadith where Muhammad said to beat wife with a flexible wire because it hurts more. It might have been a weak hadith. If I can find it, i will post it....

Good luck finding it... because it does not exist... along with all the false drivel that Islamophobes come up with. Wink

...why is there the appeal for men in heaven the highest? Qur'an should have equally provided details of what's in heaven for men, women, jinn, anyone else...

Absolute Islamophobic drivel as usual... All Muslims know that the Qur'an is very clear and detailed about this subject... unlike any other scripture.

Now... just one last point:

Genuine Muslims have a lot of respect for their Prophet (along with other prophets of course), so when they refer to him, they don't say "Muhammad"... they rather say "Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him", or the "The Messenger PBUH", or "The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam"... and that is because the Qur'an told us to refer to him differently from other people: (with various translations)

Qur'an [24:63]

Chapter (24) sūrat l-nūr (The Light)

Sahih International: Do not make [your] calling of the Messenger among yourselves as the call of one of you to another. Already Allah knows those of you who slip away, concealed by others. So let those beware who dissent from the Prophet's order, lest fitnah strike them or a painful punishment.

Pickthall: Make not the calling of the messenger among you as your calling one of another. Allah knoweth those of you who steal away, hiding themselves. And let those who conspire to evade orders beware lest grief or painful punishment befall them.

Muhammad Sarwar: Do not address the Messenger as you would call each other. God knows those who secretly walk away from you and hide themselves. Those who oppose the Messengers should beware, lest some trouble or a painful torment should befall them.

I hope this helped.

Hammad80 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammad80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 3:45pm
@MIAW

Yes, 2 days ago I asked Allah for guidance. Nothing happened.
Then I saw the replies I got here.

Finally decided to leave Islam for sure. First I was in an in-between stage, but you guys finally helped me pull the trigger once and for all.

Great job ignoring my direct quotes and instead attacking a straw man. Really does show incompetence. You guys asked me for sources, and when I provided them, your response is "There's plenty of evidence in Qur'an, you're an Islomophbe, real muslims understand these". Yet you didn't bother providing any of these "evidences". SmileTongueWinkClap
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 4:41pm

Originally posted by asep garutea asep garutea wrote:

Back on point. 

@asep_garutea

I meant outside of war.

As for my source:

------------------

Hammad80,

...And you have failed to counter any of the things I mentioned, despite previously asking for sources explicitly.

Thank you for showing your incompetence by personal attacking. 

What a joke.

Glad I left this cult called Islam. Time to do bigger and greater things in the world :) 
I didn't fail, instead I thanks to Allah for lighting up my heart to be able to guess who you are.
Alhamdulillah, I was able to ward off attacks that would discredit the teachings of Allah from those who don't like Islam.

Yes, it's up to you, on one side you don't like Islam, but Allah is the Almighty to make His religion even brighter.

MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2019 at 10:37pm

... Time to do bigger and greater things in the world ...
and

... I was in an in-between stage...

Good idea. just a piece of advice to take with you (it's a general advice... some of it may not apply to you personally):

Beware of hypocrisie (i.e. pretending to be someone who you are not), because hypocrisy is a serious sickness and a great crime. It means making an outward display of Islam in order to infiltrate and cause harm and confusion. Hypocrisy is more dangerous than kufr (disbelief) and the punishment for it is more severe, because it is kufr mixed with Islam and its harmful effects are greater. Hence Allaah will put the hypocrites in the lowest level of Hell, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“Verily, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depth (grade) of the Fire; no helper will you find for them" [al-Nisaa’ 4:145] 

The hypocrites are always confused (as is obvious from their posts, showing lack of understanding of the Qur'an and Islam in general), always planning deceit and plots. Although outwardly they appear to be with the believers, inwardly they are with the kaafireen (disbelievers). So sometimes they are inclined towards the believers and sometimes they are inclined towards the kaafireen. i.e being in an 'in-between stage'.

“(They are) swaying between this and that, belonging neither to these nor to those; and he whom Allaah sends astray, you will not find for him a way (to the truth — Islam)”[al-Nisaa’ 4:143 – interpretation of the meaning] 

Because of the corruption of their hearts, the hypocrites are the most averse of mankind to the religion of Allaah (Islam), as Allaah tells us about them (interpretation of the meaning): 

“And when it is said to them: ‘Come to what Allaah has sent down and to the Messenger (Muhammad),’ you (Muhammad) see the hypocrites turn away from you (Muhammad) with aversion”

[al-Nisaa’ 4:61] 

The dealings of the hypocrites revolve around their own interests. When they meet the believers, they make a show of belief and loyalty, in order to deceive the believers and as an action of dissimulation, hoping for whatever good and war-booty they have. But when they meet their masters and chiefs, they say, we are with you in your shirk and kufr. Allaah says concerning them (interpretation of the meaning): 

“And when they meet those who believe, they say: “We believe,” but when they are alone with their Shayaateen (devils — polytheists, hypocrites), they say: “Truly, we are with you; verily, we were but mocking

Allaah mocks at them and gives them increase in their wrong-doing to wander blindly” [al-Baqarah 2:14-15] 

The hypocrites have many characteristics, the worst and most serious of which is disbelief in Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“And when it is said to them (hypocrites): ‘Believe as the people (followers of Muhammad, Al-Ansaar and Al-Muhaajiroon) have believed,’ they say: ‘Shall we believe as the fools have believed?’ Verily, they are the fools, but they know not”[al-Baqarah 2:13]

Among their characteristics are enmity and envy (hasad) towards the believers, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“If good befalls you (O Muhammad), it grieves them, but if a calamity overtakes you, they say: ‘We took our precaution beforehand’ and they turn away rejoicing”[al-Tawbah 9:50]

Among their characteristics is mockery of Allaah, His Messenger and His religion. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?’

Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believed”[al-Tawbah 9:65-66] 

Among their characteristics is that they spread corruption on earth, with disbelief, hypocrisy and sins. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“And when it is said to them: ‘Make not mischief on the earth,’ they say: ‘We are only peacemakers.’

Verily, they are the ones who make mischief, but they perceive not” [al-Baqarah 2:11-12]

Among their characteristics are slander and lies. Allaah tells us about them (interpretation of the meaning): 

“They swear by Allaah that they are truly, of you while they are not of you, but they are a people (hypocrites) who are afraid (that you may kill them)” [al-Tawbah 9:56] 

Among their characteristics is that they enjoin what is evil and forbid what is good, and they are stingy with their wealth. Allaah says concerning them (interpretation of the meaning): 

“The hypocrites, men and women, are one from another; they enjoin (on the people) Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief and polytheism of all kinds and all that Islam has forbidden), and forbid (people) from Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and they close their hands [from giving (spending in Allaah’s Cause) alms]. They have forgotten Allaah, so He has forgotten them. Verily, the hypocrites are the Faasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allaah)” [al-Tawbah 9:67] 

Among their characteristics are greed and avarice: 

“And of them are some who accuse you (O Muhammad) in the matter of (the distribution of) the alms. If they are given part thereof, they are pleased, but if they are not given thereof, behold! They are enraged! [al-Tawbah 9: 58 – interpretation of the meaning] 

Among their characteristics are those which were described by the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): 

“There are four (characteristics), whoever has all of them is a complete hypocrite, and whoever has some of them has some element of hypocrisy, unless he gives it up: when he speaks, he lies; when he makes a treaty, he betrays it; when he makes a promise, he breaks it; when he quarrels, he resorts to insults.”(Narrated by Muslim, 53) 

Among their characteristics is a concern with appearances and fancy speech whilst they are inwardly corrupt. Allaah says concerning them (interpretation of the meaning): 

“And when you look at them, their bodies please you; and when they speak, you listen to their words. They are as blocks of wood propped up. They think that every cry is against them. They are the enemies, so beware of them. May Allaah curse them! How are they denying (or deviating from) the Right Path?” [al-Munaafiqoon 63:4] 

And:

“Surely, Allaah will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell” [al-Nisaa’ 4:140 – interpretation of the meaning] 

But because they can cause harm to vulnerable Muslims, the hypocrites will be in the lowest level of Hell, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“Verily, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depth (grade) of the Fire” [al-Nisaa’ 4:145] 

Nothing personal.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic