IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Star Size Comparison 2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Star Size Comparison 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Star Size Comparison 2
    Posted: 22 October 2019 at 3:07am

Whenever I watch a (Powerful) video like the one below, I feel very lucky to have been guided to the Belief in the Almighty Allah سبحانه عز وجل ... Alhamdulillah.

- For Believers... it increases and reinforces their belief.

- For those who don't believe in Allah سبحانه عز وجل (Atheists...etc), it makes them (perhaps) go further in their disbelief... because they think: "How can ONE being create all this? and then organizes it all to float in space without colliding all the time? It must be all the work of 'Nature' and it all happened by 'Chance'..."

Does it make you think of any verses from the Quran?  What verses can we relate to this video?

While watching... don't forget Tasbeeh (saying: Subhan Allah)... Tahmeed (saying: Alhamdu Lillah)... Takbeer (saying: Allahu Akbar)... Tahleel (saying: Laa Ilaha Illa Allah)... Hawlaqa (saying: La Hwla wa La Quwwata Illa Billah)

Another thing: Aren't you amazed and fascinated how the early companions رضي الله عنهم (and later generations) had a very strong belief in Allah سبحانه عز وجل... without having all this information available to them?!!

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2019 at 6:38am
From my point of view I cannot understand how anybody can possibly think that the whole universe was created for humanity given the vastness of it all.

This Milkyway galaxy is far bigger than humanity will ever explore never mind utilize.

It is one of a countless number of such glaxies. Far larger than the number of visable stars.
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2019 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

From my point of view I cannot understand how anybody can possibly think that the whole universe was created for humanity given the vastness of it all.

This Milkyway galaxy is far bigger than humanity will ever explore never mind utilize...

Everything that God (Allah SWT) created... He created for a purpose.

The purpose behind creating the Universe is not for us to go and explore it (even though we are not prevented from doing so. see below)... it was created (among other purposes, and along with other creations) so that we can observe and find out about the Existence of Allah SWT (God), His Power, His Greatness, His Abundance, His Kindness... etc. Allah SWT Created these things as Signs for us to find Him, and realize His Presence. Here are some examples from our Qur'an:

Qur'an [45:3-5]
 "Verily in the heavens and the earth are signs for those who believe. And in the creation of yourselves, and the fact that animals are scattered (through the earth), are signs for those of assured faith. And in the alternation of night and day, and that fact that Allah sends down sustenance from the sky, and revives therewith the earth after its death, and in the change of the winds, are signs for those who are wise" (45:3-5)

Qur'an [2:164]
"Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and earth, and the alternation of the night and the day, and the [great] ships which sail through the sea with that which benefits people, and what Allah has sent down from the heavens of rain, giving life thereby to the earth after its lifelessness and dispersing therein every [kind of] moving creature, and [His] directing of the winds and the clouds controlled between the heaven and the earth are signs for a people who use reason."

Question: Does Allah SWT Prevent us from exploring Space? 
Answer:  NO. Allah Encourages us to do so.

Qur'an [55:33]
"O company of jinn and mankind, if you are able to pass beyond the regions of the heavens and the earth, then pass. You will not pass except by authority [from Allah]."

Question: What do Scientists say about all this?
Answer: Well...some acknowledge the fact that the Qur'an is not against Science and Physics... it rather endorses it and encourages it. (for example: 
https://www.islamicity.com/Science/Baucaille.shtml and his book 'The Quran and Modern Science'). or this:
You might have to copy & paste these links in Google if they don't work.

Others (such as Hawking before his death) say that God does not exist, and there's nothing after death (obviously challenging and rejecting Newton's ideas on the subject). However all these Scientists can present us with are unproven 'Theories'... in fact they keep hopping from theory to theory (they are now going for the new M-theory which includes the 'string theory', however the mathematics are not working for them so far)... they are still chasing the 'elusive' Theory of Everything.

Scientific research is a good thing, but in my opinion, there's no need to try and peel it away from Religion. In Islam, the two are part & parcel of each other.

Personally, I can assure you of one thing: Every Scientific discovery (whether it's Mega such as Space Discoveries, or Nano: i.e smaller than what can be observed through an STM microscope)... proves to me that Allah Exists... and draws me closer to Him.

Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2019 at 2:56am
Quote Everything that God (Allah SWT) created... He created for a purpose.

That's the thing; I don't see any possible purpose for all those vast number of galaxies out there that are forever far far beyond humanity's ability to get there, even if we had Star Treck Warp drive going many times faster than light. Still just massively too far away.

Quote Others (such as Hawking before his death) say that God does not exist, and there's nothing after death (obviously challenging and rejecting Newton's ideas on the subject). However all these Scientists can present us with are unproven 'Theories'... in fact they keep hopping from theory to theory (they are now going for the new M-theory which includes the 'string theory', however the mathematics are not working for them so far)... they are still chasing the 'elusive' Theory of Everything.

1, Science is not a finnished thing. It is on a journey to understand the universe. As it goes along it finds out stuff that allows us to be far more able to do stuff in the world. We have not got to the end of it or even half way to the end. Lots to do.

2, If an idea has got to the theory level it has survived all the attacks and challenges anybody has thought of and not been shown to be at all wrong. Like gravity.
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2019 at 4:41am

... That's the thing; I don't see any possible purpose for all those vast number of galaxies out there that are forever far far beyond humanity's ability to get there, even if we had Star Treck Warp drive going many times faster than light. Still just massively too far away...

That's your answer right there! Star

Through the 'vastness' of the Universe,(most probably) Allah (God) wants us to realize how infinitesimally  'small' and 'weak' (vulnerable) we are (in comparison), and how 'dependent' we should be on Him... and yet, some of us have the 'guts' to turn around and 'deny' the very existence of God, let alone all the signs that He Created/Gifted for us.

... 1, Science is not a finnished thing. It is on a journey to understand the universe. As it goes along it finds out stuff that allows us to be far more able to do stuff in the world. We have not got to the end of it or even half way to the end. Lots to do...

I agree. We have not even reached the full depth of our oceans here on Earth!.. Nor dug deep enough to reach the Mantle. I see Science as a great 'tool' gifted to us by God in order to achieve all these things and therefore thank and praise Him by at least being 'Grateful'.

... 2, If an idea has got to the theory level it has survived all the attacks and challenges anybody has thought of and not been shown to be at all wrong. Like gravity...

I agree. Well said.

Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2019 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

... That's the thing; I don't see any possible purpose for all those vast number of galaxies out there that are forever far far beyond humanity's ability to get there, even if we had Star Treck Warp drive going many times faster than light. Still just massively too far away...

That's your answer right there! Star

Through the 'vastness' of the Universe, Allah (God) wants us to realize how infinitesimally  'small' and 'weak' we are, and how 'dependent' we should be on Him... and yet, some of us have the 'guts' to turn around and 'deny' the very existence of God, let alone all the signs that He Created/Gifted for us.

... 1, Science is not a finnished thing. It is on a journey to understand the universe. As it goes along it finds out stuff that allows us to be far more able to do stuff in the world. We have not got to the end of it or even half way to the end. Lots to do...

I agree. We have not even reached the full depth of our oceans here on Earth!.. Nor dug deep enough to reach the Mantle. I see Science as a great 'tool' gifted to us by God in order to achieve all these things and therefore thank and praise Him by at least being 'Grateful'.

So why, if humanity is of any significant interest to God did he bother with such a vast universe? Why have all that stuff out there at all? This galaxy we are in is vast beyond our capacity to truely comprehend.

... 2, If an idea has got to the theory level it has survived all the attacks and challenges anybody has thought of and not been shown to be at all wrong. Like gravity...

I agree. Well said.

So you agree that the earth is billions of years old with a natural history going back equally long and that humanity has come out of all that. That there was never a world flood and that the garden of Eden never existed?
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 1:33pm
@Miaw

Through the 'vastness' of the Universe,(most probably) Allah (God) wants us to realize how infinitesimally  'small' and 'weak' (vulnerable) we are

Can you understand why I object that  in this case he overdid the job?
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Ceo3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 11:14pm
Praise and thanks are due to God Almighty.

Thank you for information MIAW,

Yes Allah swt says that in time He swt will show that the Quran is indeed the truth by whats outside and inside of us. In space, in nature even within our bodies (brain) the wonders never cease. 

I think the Quran has from the beginning always, to each generation of muslims, given and shown its the truth. In the time of the companions it was the predictions that came true and the divine nature of the verses in Arabic.

and Allah swt knows best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic