IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - islam permit’s contraception  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

islam permit�s contraception

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 1:26pm

Discussion Guideline #5. The subject of your message should be in accordance with the theme of the forum. (if the text is found irrelevant to the theme, it may be deleted).We also request you to avoid straying from the 'topic' of discussion.

Edited by Nausheen
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 12:51am

this is an old topic, yet very interesting and relevant

i underwent a tuballagation last year in February. it was done at the time i had a c Section to deliver my son. i have 4 kids, 3 of which i had c sections. the doctor advised that my womb is weak and that its risky for a woman to have more than 4 c secions, as she may lose her life.

this is a common practice in my country. women who have 4 c sections are automatically given a tuballalagation . they dont ask u anything about it. thye just make u sign the consent form. in fact i signed my form while i was on the operating table.

this has now become standard procedure and i doubt that they even look into the merits of each case. my first child was born through natural child birth and when i opted to go that route this time, i was told that my womb is weak cos i had 2 c sections in the past. but i was not examined so i wonder, how did my gynae conclude that my womb is weak and that i cant give birth naturally again.

its unfortunate that such matters are left to experts whom we trust but in some cases, it feels like they dont act in our best interests. no one even bothered to ask me , if i wanted to have more kids, or if i wanted to have the ligation. it was done as a standard procedure.

Edited by rookaiya
"so surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surah 94. verses 5 and 6
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 1:23pm

This maybe should be a seperate post but I am curious as to how it works in certain areas. I really love the natural world and we, humans, have been responsible for the extinction of several sepcies. maybe more then several. I know that in some areas there is a limited amount of space and humans are taking the land, espcially in Asia and there is a big crisis going on for several species..

how does that balance work? We are keeps of the natural world and the natural world, or other living being are being pushed to the margins or driven out altogther. How do we manage it? If all of the good land is taken for people, is that what we are suppsoed to do?

just curious...

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 5:57am

WAS,

Well i just wanted to say that I believe only Allah can create life. I have some friends sr's very healthy with nothing physically wrong with them or their spouse and they can not conceive and have tried for years. I also know some sr's that conceive yearly just about and have families with more than 10 children. I believe that it is Allahs' will and nothing happens with out his knowledge or consent.

I have 4 children and with all of them was very high risk suffering from pre-eclampsy and uterin tumors. The last 2 children I spent many weeks before their birth under constant fetal monitoring. I did have a tubal ligation after the birth of my 4th. After my 2nd and 3rd children were born they did have complications that made them stay in the hospital for a while do to lack of oxygen and other factors from my health.  My husband and I both discussed it at length and decided it was best for my health.

I have a friend that is an OBGYN and she surprised me by telling my that tubal ligation is not 100% effective there are small percentages of women that do become pregnant after having this procedure. There is also some clinics here in the USA I think one well known in the Carolina region that has been reversing this procedure and has had a 40% or higher success rate with women being able to conceive again.

So I don't know for my situation if I will be punished for my decision that was made with my husband or not on the day of judgement. But at the time I was new in Islam and did not know that it was forbidden and my husband didn't know it either. It is also a common practice in his country as well many women just getting it done after a few children to limit size of their families which is surprising to me that it's done in a Islamic country.

Very good topic.

Aminah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic