IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For Khadija-what is true christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For Khadija-what is true christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 1:45am

well khadija - every religion has its crazy story section.  christianity certainly has.  i have heard from more that one muslim that europe was once muslim, and that when the muslims invaded spain and the balkans, they were only attempting to take back what was theirs already.  otherwise they would have to admit to offensive warfare.  the thing about america is not necessarily nonsense.  we know for instance that christians went to america before columbus, so why not muslims?  see here:

http://www.themuslimwoman.com/chooseyourpath/muslimsbeforeco lumbus.htm

ruins of "mosques" were found, as well as inscriptions, and evidence of elephants in arizona.  the craziest muslim story i have heard is that neil armstrong was alleged to have heard the call to prayer on the moon and subsequently converted to islam.  he denied both.  but this is off topic, at least you may find the link i posted of interest

for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 8:46am

Fredifreeloader, if you knew this was simply one of those stories from the "crazy story" section which you claim all religions have, then why did you make the comment to Angel as if it was a basic tenent of Islam to think this way?  You made it sound as if all Muslims think this way.  Why do you have to be so negative about Islam?  Given what you have said here and on other threads, it appears as if you can't find something which is truly erroneous about Islam, you are willing to throw out stuff like you just did in order to get a jab in.  I think they call that "hitting below the belt" or "dirty fighting".  Why?  I truly want to know why you do this.  Hopeful you do not believe that your behavior is Christ like.  And if you do, Inshallah, you will not continue to do so. 

I strongly suggest to you and all others to try and watch a program called "Three Faiths, One God".  It recently showed on public television.  You may be able to find a copy at your local library or request through your local library for a library loan to borrow it from a library which has it.  You can also obtain a copy of it through the following link:

http://www.threefaithsonegod.com/

It is also carried throught the Christian Bookstore.  At least the on-line store does. 

The program involves top scholars from each faith discussing how Judaism, Christianity and Islam are three faiths that share a common message through One God.  It truly is a very wonderful and enlightening program. 

Salam

Sister Khadija

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 2:07pm

khadija - im not going to respond to your lecturing.  suffice it to say that i said myself the thing was off-topic and therefore probably should not have been raised, but at least i know now that most muslims dont hold these beliefs.

"It is clear by the Holy Qur�an that Fredifreeloader is wrong in saying that Christians or even Jews must enter Islam by taking Islamic Shahadah and thereby becoming a member of the Islamic faith"

i dont know which post of mine youve been reading but i cant think of one in which i said any such thing - however may i point out what the quran says - 3:85 - "if anyone desires a religion other than islam it will never be accepted of him" (yusuf ali)

what you are saying is completely illogical.  the very first item on the list you gave of the characteristics of "righteous" people is that they believe in allah.  well how can they believe in allah unless they believe the quran, the word of allah?  how can they believe in allah unless they believe the message of muhammad, the apostle of allah?

for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 3:35pm

Fred unfortunately it appears that you are a person with pre-conceived notions regarding Islam hence picking out verses just to prove a point. Seeing how you are somewhat of a literalist it would appear that you have missed other verses which (in the mind of a real literalist critique) other verses seemingly contradicting that. Allah also mentions some Christians, Jews and Sabians as among thosewho are righteous. Don't just look at verses and comment on them and disregarding others, you'll leave yourself open for misunderstanding.

fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 4:02pm
israfil - do you have a set of stock answers you read out of a book or something?  i have given a quotation from the quran, which nobody can deny, and asked a reasonable and sensible question as to what it actually means to believe in allah, and all i get is the usual stuff about "pre-conceived notions" -also the real issue has not been addressed, namely the question of "true christianity".  i am saying that as far as muslims are concerned, it is nothing more than islam, as given in the now disappeared injil, allegedly given to jesus (who as far as christians are concerned, was given no such book). 
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 4:50pm

Islam literally means Submission to God.

If anyone desires a religion other than Submission to God, it will never be accepted of him.

Find me any of the three Abrahamic religions which believe other than this.

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 10:43pm

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Originally posted by fredifreeloader fredifreeloader wrote:

khadija - im not going to respond to your lecturing.  suffice it to say that i said myself the thing was off-topic and therefore probably should not have been raised, but at least i know now that most muslims dont hold these beliefs.

Fredifreeloader, I was not �lecturing� you.  If you thought the comment was off topic, you should have not put it, especially when it was not your original response.  Yes, I read your initial comment and it did not entail the latter part.  That is why I said it was like your trying to get a �jab in.�  You say that at least you know now that �most muslims don�t hold these beliefs� but you yourself said in an earlier post that it was just one of those �crazy stories� that you claim all religions have.  If you believe that then why would you now say that at least you now know that �most� (Muslims) don�t hold that belief?  Maybe the truth of the matter is that you simply refuse to believe anything positive about Islam and those who worship God through it. 

"It is clear by the Holy Qur�an that Fredifreeloader is wrong in saying that Christians or even Jews must enter Islam by taking Islamic Shahadah and thereby becoming a member of the Islamic faith"

i dont know which post of mine youve been reading but i cant think of one in which i said any such thing - however may i point out what the quran says - 3:85 - "if anyone desires a religion other than islam it will never be accepted of him" (yusuf ali)

I think I made it clear before that Islam means �submission to God��it doesn�t matter if it is through Judaism, Christianity or Islam.  There is no contradiction here.  All pure forms of faith of the BOOK are just that, �submission to the will of God�.  Judaism is merely a name for the faith of those who follow the Book that was revealed to the Prophet Moses (pbuh) and the requirement of that faith is �submission to the will of God� as opposed to our own will, the same is true with Christianity with the exception that those who follow it do so through the Prophet Jesus (pbuh). 

As I said before, with respect to the faith known as Islam, the phrase �submission to the will of God� is the essence of the message of that faith (as is with Judaism and Christianity) but it is also the name ascribed to that faith, �Islam� (which is not the case with Judaism and Christianity).  So, the ayat you are making reference to simply means what Sister Mishmish points out, and I tried to point out before.  That is, anyone who desires to follow any faith which is not submitting their will to God will never be accepted by God.  It doesn�t mean they have to follow the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).  They can follow any of God�s prophets (pbuh) as long as they are doing so in the pure sense that God meant for them to. 

what you are saying is completely illogical.  the very first item on the list you gave of the characteristics of "righteous" people is that they believe in allah.  well how can they believe in allah unless they believe the quran, the word of allah?  how can they believe in allah unless they believe the message of muhammad, the apostle of allah?

Now I know for sure that you are not here to learn about Islam and that you do not listen to what other here are saying.  At least not to any Muslim because if you had, you would know that the God of Muhammad (pbuh) is the God of Moses (pbuh) and the God of Jesus (pbuh).  Allah is simply the Arabic word for God.  If I say that in order to be righteous a person has to believe in Allah, it simply means he/she has to believe in GOD. 

By your statement, are you trying to say that the God of Jesus (pbuh) is not the same God as the God of Moses (pbuh)?  It is clear in the Holy Qur�an that the God of Moses (pbuh) is the same as the God of Muhammad (pbuh) and the God of Jesus (pbuh) is the same as well.  Maybe the problem you have is that you simply cannot accept that the God of the Holy Qur�an is the same as the God of Moses (pbuh) and Jesus (pbuh).  If so, why not?  You believe that the God of Jesus (pbuh) is the same as the God of Moses (pbuh) even though the Jews won�t accept the Gospel.  Muslims accept both the Gospel and the Torah (of course we believe there are some corruptions made to it by men but we do believe that the Torah and Gospel were originally the pure, divine revelation of God and we believe in all of God�s messengers (pbut)).

also the real issue has not been addressed, namely the question of "true christianity"

I answered that question in my last post (and above); however, you really don�t care what I say.  Your mind is made up.  But here it is again.  True Christianity = True Judaism = True Islam�because in their true form, they all mean �submission to the will of God�.  And once again, they all have the following characteristics:

They believe in:

God = Eloh (Hebrew), Alah (Aramaic), Allah (Arabic)     

The Last Day (That is, the Day of Judgment)

The Angels

The Book (That is, the Holy Scripture, Divine Revelation, as revealed by God to His chosen Messengers), and

The Messengers (That is, although true believers follow the example of one, they believe in, respect and love them all equally).

They also:

Spend of their substance, out of love for God

Are steadfast in prayer

Practice regular charity

Fulfill the contracts which they have made

Are firm and patient in pain and adversity

I changed Allah to God so that an Arabic word won�t hang you up.  However, I also gave the correct word for �God� according to the language each of the prophets (pbut) used in delivering the message.  The interesting thing�one you might want to note�is that they can all be pronounced the same, they mean the same (i.e., God), the root verb of each means �to take an oath� and the verb form of each is the same as well, that is, the verb of each is �to worship�.

The author, Dennis Giron, of �Allah in the Jewish Bible�, which is found on the web site jews-for-allah.org sited below, states the following:

Let me make it more clear....

1. We have made the connection in terms of spelling, as all these words are spelled similar to one another.
  2. The geographic connection is there, as these respective languages originate in regions that are very close to one another.
  3. The roots are also basically the same.

The meanings are essentially the same.

So, although I changed the word to �God�, it should not matter whether I use the word Eloh, Alah, or Allah, because they all �essentially� mean the same which translates to the English word �God�.

I�m sure you are not going to agree with something I have to say so let me give you the links to find this information:

Hebrew (Eloh): go to http://jews-for-allah.org/Why-Believe-in-Allah/Allah-inthe-J ewish-Bible.htm. 

Aramaic (Alah): go to http://www.pesh*tta.org/ (this is the Pesh*tta Aramaic-English Interlinear New Testament) and click on tools and then Lexicon.  Then type in God in the Search Engine.  Then simply go down and look at the pronunciation for God in the Aramaic.  It will say (Eastern) AaLaH and (Western) AaLoH. 

Ashukru-lillahi Rabbil-Alameen Wala- Hawla  Wala Quwata Illa Billah

PAZ

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Athanasius View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Athanasius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 8:36am
I would have to say that there are many Christian scholars who would disagree with you Khadija, regarding the use of "allah" for God.  But, I will save that for another time.  Most importantly, I would like to point out that orthodox Muslims believe that the Chrisitan and Jewish Scriptures have been totally perverted and no longer reflect the teachings of Moses, Jesus, etc.  Isn't that true? The Injil of Christ, they teach, is not what Christians believe, correct?
Freedom is a gift from God - to deny men freedom is to worship evil.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic