IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For Khadija-what is true christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For Khadija-what is true christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Islam literally means Submission to God.

If anyone desires a religion other than Submission to God, it will never be accepted of him.

Find me any of the three Abrahamic religions which believe other than this.

Christians teach that submission is to Jesus (to him every knee will bow); in a way, therefore, it is in agreement with Islam on this, since all Christians view Christ as God.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:25pm

Bismillah,

Christians teach that submission is to Jesus (to him every knee will bow); in a way, therefore, it is in agreement with Islam on this, since all Christians view Christ as God.

WHAT???

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:27pm
Well, what I mean is that since Jesus, for Christians, is God, then submission to Jesus is the same as submission to God.  Do you get me?
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:44pm
ok so Jesus is God?
I am confued, some say he is not god, some say he is carnation of God, some say he is the god.

what is he in christanity?

what christanity says about Jesus ?
makeup ur mind
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:46pm
Jesus asked Peter, "who do you say I am."  I think that this is something that is controversial, don't you?  I would say that the Christian Bible, no doubt, teaches that Jesus is God - for instance, in John, ch. 1, vs. 1.  This is the center teaching of Christianity, wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Alibaba
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:02pm

Ali Baba,

From you: "Christians teach that submission is to Jesus (to him every knee will bow); in a way, therefore, it is in agreement with Islam on this, since all Christians view Christ as God."

In Islam, there is an important point that even the knee of Jesus bowed to God Almighty and his whole body fell in prostration before God Almighty, with his forehead on the ground three times.

Have you read in the Bible that Jesus prayed to God, while his disciples and followers slept and could not even watch? If Jesus prayed to God, then he cannot be taken as a God at all. Period, dear!

Hope you wouldn't tell me now that the 100% human Jesus was praying at that time.

BR

BMZ

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:36am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Ali Baba,

From you: "Christians teach that submission is to Jesus (to him every knee will bow); in a way, therefore, it is in agreement with Islam on this, since all Christians view Christ as God."

In Islam, there is an important point that even the knee of Jesus bowed to God Almighty and his whole body fell in prostration before God Almighty, with his forehead on the ground three times.

Have you read in the Bible that Jesus prayed to God, while his disciples and followers slept and could not even watch? If Jesus prayed to God, then he cannot be taken as a God at all. Period, dear!

Hope you wouldn't tell me now that the 100% human Jesus was praying at that time.

BR

BMZ

BMZ,

Jesus prayed in many positions as you would know if you have read the New Testament.

Jesus praying to God does not contradict the Triunity of God.  Notice that Jesus never prayed for God to forgive his sins.  There is a communication between the Father and the Son.  Jesus was communicating with the Father.

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:54am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

ok so Jesus is God?
I am confued, some say he is not god, some say he is carnation of God, some say he is the god.

what is he in christanity?

what christanity says about Jesus ?
makeup ur mind

True Christians are Othodox Christians and they believe in the Triunity of God.  There are some people who call themselves Christians who fall outside of Orthodox Christianity.

There are some, for instance, who do not believe in the Triunity of God and yet, still believe that Jesus is God, based on their interpretation of Scriptures.  They believe that it was the Father who incarnated Jesus.  Sort of like God playing different roles" The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit--all God in different roles.

Perhaps some of the confusion about who is a Christian and what is a Christian comes from the fact that Christians are allowed to interpret their own scriptures.  For a long time the Catholic church would not allow this, but I know many Catholic that do their own interpreting.  They are usually the younger ones--40 and below.  The older ones rely on the Church.  All Catholics believe in the triunity of God.

Most Protestant churches believe in the trinuity of God, Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptists, and the like.  They may disagree on small matters.

I know a fella who believes that the God of the Old Testament is a different God than the God in the New Testament, but he calls himself a Christian and gets angry if someone suggests that he is not. 

Anyone can call themselves anything that want to; it is their choice.

Edited by George
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic