IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For Khadija-what is true christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For Khadija-what is true christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Torrencedelay Torrencedelay wrote:

This is just either a misunderstanding or blatant lie.  Catholics uphold the Deity of Christ, as do Protestants and Eastern Orthodox.  Read the Nicene Creed - where did you get this rediculous idea. 

I got the idea from scriptures, what about you! I have never come across that Jesus said he was God!!! Nor from any other Catholics The man himself told me

Quote And by the way, jack, if you don't believe in Christ's deity you are no Christian.

Oh shut up!! Take your scabbles to another thread! Read my writings in the reddish colour. This thread is about islam and what it believes what true christainity is! And my discussion with Khajida. And any furthur disruption I will have the moderators delete any post that isn't, from anyone. If your not happy go to another thread.

Now back to the topic!

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Torrencedelay View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torrencedelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 1:21pm

Angel said:

"well, I'm not sure if you can speak for all Christians, I know for a fact that Catholics while performing the "in the name of the father and the son and the holy spirit/ghost" while you have the trinity there, there is no belief that Jesus is God. No one I have come across has ever believed that. I mentioend this before. Catholics go with the bible and Jesus never said he was God. "

This is just either a misunderstanding or blatant lie.  Catholics uphold the Deity of Christ, as do Protestants and Eastern Orthodox.  Read the Nicene Creed - where did you get this rediculous idea. 

And by the way, jack, if you don't believe in Christ's deity you are no Christian.

Debate is an art form
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:58am

Originally posted by Athanasius Athanasius wrote:

I would have to say that there are many Christian scholars who would disagree with you Khadija, regarding the use of "allah" for God.  But, I will save that for another time. 

May I ask the christian people who will inevitabitly participate NOT to inject what is right or wrong here according to christianity or what it says to be the truth. In other words I don't want you to correct what you see as wrong.

Athan I don't care what Christian scholars say at this point,  not in this thread anyway  

gone to bed now, more later

Edited by Angel
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:45am

Hi Kadija, just something easy and quick for starters, you have said much, I have to go over it again but will get back to you later, I am not finish although there is not much to respond but have to go to bed and refresh my head its almost 4am.

Quote However, for Christians, to do this means that they must give up the trinity doctrine which they simply are not willing to do.  It appears that is far easier for them to reject the prophethood of Muhammad (pbuh) rather than to try and undo centuries of damage done and giving up the power that was gained by adhering to a false doctrine.

well, I'm not sure if you can speak for all Christians, I know for a fact that Catholics while performing the "in the name of the father and the son and the holy spirit/ghost" while you have the trinity there, there is no belief that Jesus is God. No one I have come across has ever believed that. I mentioend this before. Catholics go with the bible and Jesus never said he was God. 

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 4:07pm
"What will explain to you the path that is steep? It is the freeing of a (slave) from bondage, or the giving of food in a day of famine to an orphan relative or to a needy (stranger) in distress, and to be of those who believe, enjoin patience (in adversity) and encourage deeds of kindness and compassion."

The Holy Quran, 90:12-17
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 3:48pm

"Why is it so hard for you to understand that without accusing Muslims of saying that a person has to enter the Islamic religion if they are to be counted amongst the righteous?"

why are you persisting with this, khadija? - for the second time, i have not said this.  also, why are you using the word "accusing"?  i have neither said this, nor accused people of it.  all i said was that "muslims believe "true christianity" to be islam".  i did not ask you to give what you consider to be valid reasons for this, i merely said it was the case.  now this is my last contribution to this thread, so have the last word if you like

for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 3:28pm

BismillahirRahmanirRaheem,

Ma'ShahAllah, Sister Khadija!  Your explanation of Islaam in this post exemplifies knowledge, patience and fortitude.  JazzakAllahKhayr.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 3:24pm

Athanasius, you are wrong, this thread is titled "For Khadija-what is true christianity" which means that Angel was asking "ME"...I am the only member here with the name "Khadija"...what true christianity is.  In other words, she wanted to know what I think it is.  And I told her. 

Regardless of what you may think, the Muslims who visit this web site do not want to come here to discuss Christianity.  We would much rather come here to discuss and learn about Islam.  However, because people like you and your friends come here to harass us, we end up discussing the issue. 

PAZ

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic