IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For Khadija-what is true christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For Khadija-what is true christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:44pm
ok so Jesus is God?
I am confued, some say he is not god, some say he is carnation of God, some say he is the god.

what is he in christanity?

what christanity says about Jesus ?
makeup ur mind
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:27pm
Well, what I mean is that since Jesus, for Christians, is God, then submission to Jesus is the same as submission to God.  Do you get me?
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:25pm

Bismillah,

Christians teach that submission is to Jesus (to him every knee will bow); in a way, therefore, it is in agreement with Islam on this, since all Christians view Christ as God.

WHAT???

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Islam literally means Submission to God.

If anyone desires a religion other than Submission to God, it will never be accepted of him.

Find me any of the three Abrahamic religions which believe other than this.

Christians teach that submission is to Jesus (to him every knee will bow); in a way, therefore, it is in agreement with Islam on this, since all Christians view Christ as God.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 9:43am

Hello Khajida, I�m back and I would like to say thank you for your post.

Khajida you keep saying the People of the Book, that pretty much means only 1 book. But if all 3 are following their own scriptures it is more than 1 book, there are 3 books � granted as you have mentioned �submission to the will of God� is the bases of them thru by following God�s  commands/guidance, in each book, so I am not sure how you keep mentioning people of the book. I thought it was the qu�ran but from your talks it seems to be another book? Highlighted in this paragraph of your below: But I will say no they don�t believe in the same book, what each believe is the submission to God�s will.

So, according to the Holy Qur�an, all righteous people of the Book are brethren because they all adhere to the same beliefs because they all believe in the same Book.  Allah only sent more than one prophet with the message (the Book) because many went astray after having received clear guidance:

So, what separates the people of the book is not that they believe in different scriptures, but rather, that some have �gone far, far astray�. 

Believing or adhering to the same beliefs that you pointed out in blue text, does not really make all 3 families believe in the same book, as you pointed out �they all believe in the same book�. If all three believed in the book or one book they would be and would be following the guidance of that one book but are not. Each do not believe in the same book, they acknowledge each other�s books but they don�t necessarily believe in them. If you truly believe in them you�ll be interchanging between the three, and I�m sure there are problems with that.

Even though all 3 peoples come from the Abrahamic line, each family has their own scriptures to follow with the same / common adherence as pointed out (in blue text of yours) in each other but are fundamental different in many ways and because of that you cannot really say and I quote you �people of the book are brethren because they all adhere to the same beliefs because they all believe in the same book�.

Despite all 3 coming from the Abrahamic line.

And I am not sure how you can say this is true Christianity because of something in common and among each three. You include Jews and muslims here, that is saying all 3 is true Christianity or islam or judaism and its not. (and obviously I�ve picked up your equation which I see problems explain later).

With your hard work that you put into your post, Khadija, and I much liked reading it, you talk about the people of the book, all 3: jews, christains and muslims and the same beliefs adhering to some common elements but you have not really explained as to what is �true Christianity�.  I think if one is going to talk or explain true Christianity you would be specifically be talking about it and not the commonalities of ALL righteous people of the book.

I can even equally ask you what is the true Judaism according to you or islam.

Bringing up commonalities does not constitute what is true �insert name of group� I think if you believe or know what true Christianity is or what is the true Jewish faith according to islam then you should be able to state what it is, not what all 3 have in common.

That is, Christians are not required to follow the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) because their prophet is Jesus (pbuh) and Jews are not required to follow the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) either because their prophet is Moses (pbuh).  They each should follow their perspective prophets.

I understand that, that people of the book who are not muslim do not need to convert/revert unless they choose islam & qu�ran as their religion therefore take the shahada.

From what I can work out to get what is true Christianity is this: (going from what is not true christianity from what you produced):

*Believing in the trinity doctrine not necessarily the trinity itself (as you mentioned �the problem is not believing in this or that flavour of the trinity but rather��)

*Believing that Jesus is God � because of the trinity [and you know my view on that]

*Not acknowledging Muhammed

*Not following Jesus in truth (as you said yourself that Christians have gone far far astray, afterwards again)

*And that the bible/scriptures is corrupted so therefore Christians wouldn't be following the true (their) path.

Now from this I guess everything else is true Christianity which is ?

If I say A=B, then it must be true that B=A as well, right?  So, if A=B=C, then all of the combinations of that must also be true (that is, A=B=C; A=C=B; B=C=A; B=A=C; C=A=B; C=B=A).  So, True Christianity = True Islam just as True Islam = True Christianity (and the same with True Judaism).  Why is that you might ask?  Because A = submission to the will of God; B= submission to the will of God; C = submission to the will of God. 

I don�t know how your equation can be, it makes no sense really, just because all 3 have some thing in common �submission to the will of God� does not make it to be true Christianity = true islam = true Judaism. To say that is to say that it is fine to use all 3 interchangable whenever you feel like it, since all 3 have the belief of one thing and some characteristic in common its fine to swap religions BUT it is NOT fine, islam even say so that its not fine. Islam is suppose to be the final true path not using each other interchangeable/swaping from time to time even if its in the truest essence of each other. Khadija your equation allows that and I believe (according to islam) that is wrong.

Now again this doesn�t really explain what �true Christianity� is, yes we have submission to the will of God, Jesus as the Prophet and what is in the bible and some common characteristic with a couple of other religious groups, that is all.

As for the injeel I will state what I mentioned in my first post: All that is mentioned is that you believe in the injeel, but cannot say what part of the bible /scriptures of christianity is the injeel. If you don't know what part or what is the injeel then how can you know what is the true christianity ? 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 8:49am

Bismillah,

The name wouldn't have been Christianity because I believe the language Jesus, pbuh, was Aramaic, which is similar to Arabic in its structure.  So it would have been something like the structure The Son of David, The followers of Issa...

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:17pm

HI Khadija, I have gone over the thread and re-read your post again, but I'm going to disappear again and ponder about it, if I have anything I will come back

But I do want to say this, the person who said that Jesus never had a book, I must agree with them, as far as know Jesus never had a book, the bible - that was written sometime after, I would say it would be His oral teachings during his three years of ministry, for which there are his transmission (is that the right word?) spoken down thru others then finially into the gospels. ok i guess called say he had a book

Now for Moses, as I understand he didn't have a book revealed to him, the only thing was the 2 stone tablets with the ten commandments as law, for the followers/believers to obey (and by obeying that you submit to God. (well something like that))

Ok, be back later gtg    

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 8:41pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

True christanity is what people followed During time of Jesus (PBUH), This was before the Idea of Trinity theory.

yes, well that does make sense but I don't think it was called Christainity  I don't think there was a name.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic