IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For Khadija-what is true christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For Khadija-what is true christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Khadija-what is true christianity
    Posted: 21 April 2006 at 8:03am

Angel,

Sorry....anyway, If Islam teaches that Jesus's message was corrupted in the NT.  Then I must ask what they believe happened to the Injeel? Since the letters of Peter, James and John are suspect in Islamic belief.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 5:34am

To the guys who wrote the last 8 posts, what part of my writings didn't you understand in red ?

May I ask the christian people who will inevitabitly participate NOT to inject what is right or wrong here according to christianity or what it says to be the truth. In other words I don't want you to correct what you see as wrong.

This thread is on what islam says about what true christianity is and my discussions with Khadija.

To the moderators, is there anyway of the last 8 post to be moved to a new thread ? and after delete this one of mine ?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 8:39am

~deleted for Angel's sanity~ 

Edited by Angela
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 8:37am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Ali Baba,

From you: "Christians teach that submission is to Jesus (to him every knee will bow); in a way, therefore, it is in agreement with Islam on this, since all Christians view Christ as God."

In Islam, there is an important point that even the knee of Jesus bowed to God Almighty and his whole body fell in prostration before God Almighty, with his forehead on the ground three times.

Have you read in the Bible that Jesus prayed to God, while his disciples and followers slept and could not even watch? If Jesus prayed to God, then he cannot be taken as a God at all. Period, dear!

Hope you wouldn't tell me now that the 100% human Jesus was praying at that time.

BR

BMZ

Hello, did you know that Sun Myung Moon, the prophet of the Unification Church, says that he visited God in heaven and that Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha and the other religious leaders all bowed down to him?

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:54am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

ok so Jesus is God?
I am confued, some say he is not god, some say he is carnation of God, some say he is the god.

what is he in christanity?

what christanity says about Jesus ?
makeup ur mind

True Christians are Othodox Christians and they believe in the Triunity of God.  There are some people who call themselves Christians who fall outside of Orthodox Christianity.

There are some, for instance, who do not believe in the Triunity of God and yet, still believe that Jesus is God, based on their interpretation of Scriptures.  They believe that it was the Father who incarnated Jesus.  Sort of like God playing different roles" The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit--all God in different roles.

Perhaps some of the confusion about who is a Christian and what is a Christian comes from the fact that Christians are allowed to interpret their own scriptures.  For a long time the Catholic church would not allow this, but I know many Catholic that do their own interpreting.  They are usually the younger ones--40 and below.  The older ones rely on the Church.  All Catholics believe in the triunity of God.

Most Protestant churches believe in the trinuity of God, Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptists, and the like.  They may disagree on small matters.

I know a fella who believes that the God of the Old Testament is a different God than the God in the New Testament, but he calls himself a Christian and gets angry if someone suggests that he is not. 

Anyone can call themselves anything that want to; it is their choice.

Edited by George
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:36am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Ali Baba,

From you: "Christians teach that submission is to Jesus (to him every knee will bow); in a way, therefore, it is in agreement with Islam on this, since all Christians view Christ as God."

In Islam, there is an important point that even the knee of Jesus bowed to God Almighty and his whole body fell in prostration before God Almighty, with his forehead on the ground three times.

Have you read in the Bible that Jesus prayed to God, while his disciples and followers slept and could not even watch? If Jesus prayed to God, then he cannot be taken as a God at all. Period, dear!

Hope you wouldn't tell me now that the 100% human Jesus was praying at that time.

BR

BMZ

BMZ,

Jesus prayed in many positions as you would know if you have read the New Testament.

Jesus praying to God does not contradict the Triunity of God.  Notice that Jesus never prayed for God to forgive his sins.  There is a communication between the Father and the Son.  Jesus was communicating with the Father.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:02pm

Ali Baba,

BR

BMZ

Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:46pm
Jesus asked Peter, "who do you say I am."  I think that this is something that is controversial, don't you?  I would say that the Christian Bible, no doubt, teaches that Jesus is God - for instance, in John, ch. 1, vs. 1.  This is the center teaching of Christianity, wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Alibaba
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic