IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In Laws  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In Laws

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farrahxxk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Laws
    Posted: 12 May 2019 at 3:16pm
Assalmu 'alaikum,

I have a deep issue that is currently troubling my family. I currently live with my son , husband, his parents. Since I have moved to my husbands house there is always tension. My husband and his father both have very strong personalities and spend most days arguing. My FIL does not have a job anymore after being sick, does not help in household duties, does not help my mother in law with her car or any things in the home that need maintenance. He will starve before he serves himself and spends all day smoking. My mother in law works full time even though she has severe back issues. He depends solely on my husband when he comes home working 12 hour shifts to make any fixes in the home or their cars. I am home all day with my son who is not of school age and I am feeling so stressed. Well I’ve had enough. The lack of respect is too much. I have told my husband we will move out or I will leave with my son. My husband agrees we need our own home. However, my in laws can not afford their home without my husband. But they make the home so uncomfortable to live in. My father in law is able to work but does not and will lose the home willingly. I feel for my husband but I think this is not fair on us. I need advice on this situation as a muslim and person. Thank you all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic