IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fajr prayer, desprate for an answer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fajr prayer, desprate for an answer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chxxrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fajr prayer, desprate for an answer
    Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:19pm
Salam aleikom,

I am new here and i had a question i would love some nice advice on. Please take a couole of minutes to answer me.
I currently have been suffering from extreme anxiety and panic attacks because of my new fear of death. I started being more religious, praying obligatory and sunnah prayers and reading quran and doing dikhr and refraining from bad habits i used to have or do as much as possible.
Al hamdoullillah i went back to the straight path and i would like to think that allah made me go through this sickness so i go back to him. I am feeling better but i still have those thoughts of sudden death everyday and it makes it especially hard for me to go sleep, i always think " what if i dont wake up" and that scares me to sleep. I spend alot of nights awake shaking from my anxiety and when i do sleep i feel horribly bad that i missed fajr prayer. And when i would force myself to wake up for it, it would take me forever to go back to sleep ( fajr is at 4am currently for me) and i would end up sleeping less than 6hours a night. Which if you add to my anxiety and my other health problems it is not good enough. I had some muslim friends ( knowledgeable about the religion) tell me to focus on my health and learn to sleep peacefully again first and pray fajr when i wake up, and start waking up for fajr when i start feeling better mentally. I have been doing that so far, but i still feel guilty and get scared that allah is angry with me for missing fajr prayer. Is it okay to focus on my sleep for now until i heal mentally ? Or im i still supposed to wake up for fajr even if i cant get enoigh sleep?
Just typing this question is giving me anxiety !!

Jazakom allah kheiran !
Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 3:06pm
Wa alaikum Salam,
Death a reality that we all will face no matter who we are. Learhn to live with this reality and make the best of the time you have. Prepare youself for this reality. Stay positive.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic