IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - After death  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

After death

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shameem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: After death
    Posted: 31 January 2019 at 6:46am
Assalamu'alaikum WRWB Brothers and sisters

Am Shameem from Mauritius Island

In my country when a muslim dies it is quite common to pray for him on selective dates i.e after 3, 5, 7,10, 40 days. Family and close ones gather, read the Qur'an, do Zikr of Allah SWT, recite Naat, send Durood on Prophet Muhammad SAW and we asl Allah SWT to grant the Thawaab to the deceased and prayers are asked for the deceased.

I wanted to know if this is practised in your respective countries or you have ever heard about it, and if yes how is it done.. is it on respective dates?

Jazaak Allah Khair
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 5:53pm
Welcome hope you enjoy your stay.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2019 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Shameem Shameem wrote:

Assalamu'alaikum WRWB Brothers and sisters

Am Shameem from Mauritius Island

In my country when a muslim dies it is quite common to pray for him on selective dates i.e after 3, 5, 7,10, 40 days. Family and close ones gather, read the Qur'an, do Zikr of Allah SWT, recite Naat, send Durood on Prophet Muhammad SAW and we asl Allah SWT to grant the Thawaab to the deceased and prayers are asked for the deceased.

I wanted to know if this is practised in your respective countries or you have ever heard about it, and if yes how is it done.. is it on respective dates?

Jazaak Allah Khair

Wa'alaykumsalam Shameen,
In my country there are also those who do it and some don't do it.
But I think it's just a tradition, so it doesn't have to be determined by the day or date, because not necessarily Muslims in other countries do things like that.
Actually in Islamic teachings if we want to send du'a (prayers) etc. for the deceased person, it doesn't have to be determined by the day or date, every day is also better.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic