IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Contact before marriage?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Contact before marriage?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sol312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contact before marriage?
    Posted: 10 January 2019 at 6:48am
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have been seeing a man who is a practicing muslim, we have spent quite a lot of time together, both in rl and online. We have kissed, but no sex before marriage. We have talked a lot about the future, getting married and having kids together. We love each other. But, recently he spoke to an imam, he reminded him about what is haram. Kissing is haram, holding hands, etc. He was told that even shaking a womans hand is haram. He was upset after, and scared to do anything wrong. So now we dont talk at all online, and when we have met randomly he is very polite and talk about just daily things. Things have changed, and I find it very difficult and confusing. Worry that I will loose him. Is this proper behaviour from him? Is he just trying to do things right? I guess im looking for answers and reassurance in this situation.
Last time we spoke, he phoned me, and said he still likes me and that we will have contact again. Hard to go and wait, when everything is so uncertain. But I try my best to be patient, I dont contact him, I just hope and pray that it will be me and him.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic