IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anxiety  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anxiety

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosnian31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anxiety
    Posted: 04 January 2019 at 8:00pm
asalam aleykum to all. I am writting in hopes to connecting with my fellow sisters more and God knows i need more in my life who can relate with me or just be a général listening ear in my life who can assure me of certain things when i seem to be stuck. I come from a religious family more so my father. Who never really forced us or tried that hard to instill islam into our lives but ive watched him pray, etc and so as i age (im 31 now) i seem to be yearning for a relationship with the almighty more each day. Ive always had a connection to Allah. Evem as young i had the fear of him and knew when i did something i shouldnt that i will be asked about it. So it was always inside me. I was trying to ignore it for a while. Let certain tempations take over and made me sin. Its like denial made everything seem not real. Ive had a stressful life. Personal issues ,and the stress took its toll on me. About 6 months ago i suffered from a panic attack and since then ive had anxiety thats brought me to a depression for some time. About 3 months ago when i knew that my only hope and true help would be ALLAH so for the first real time in my life i took my wudu and kneeled infront of my creator. I have prayed for 3 months now. My anxiety is still there but i feel like its not as bad. I feel like Allah put this into my life for a reason. To save me to help me to make me come to my senses and ask for mercy before it is too late. I feel his love. I feel so close to him. I fear him a lot. Sometimes the thought of him being angry at me and not forgiving me makes my anxiety come. And sometimes during my prayers i feel anxiety because im always thinking am i saying it right? Am i standing correctly? My thoughts sometimes wonder during but i stop and think of Allah or paradise and good1 things but when they wonder then i get scared cuz then i fear Allahs anger. Its like my brain is in overdrive. But say Allhamdullilah if this never happend i wouldnt have started praying. Sometimes i have sadness i cant lie, sometimes i wish i dont have anxiety it overwhelms me sometimes. What do you sisters think? And does anyone else have this issue and how do you deal i know prayer is a must. But on a general talk. A woman to woman talk. Thank you. And selam
Mark Ultra View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Pastafarian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2020 at 2:55am
Anxiety is a really common thing in a modern world and reasons may be different. It's quite important to find your way of coping with this uncomfortable state
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Bosnian31 Bosnian31 wrote:

... and since then ive had anxiety thats brought me to a depression for some time.

Wa Alaikumus Salaam,

Islam has given us all the answers to issues like this, you just need to search and find those answers. Don't worry, you are not alone in this... most people experience some sort of panic and anxiety at some point.

The Qur'an tells us that the answer is: Dhikr. (Remembrance of Allah SWT, in all sorts of ways and forms)

Chapter (13) sūrat l-raʿd (The Thunder)

Sahih International: Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured."

Pickthall: Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!

Yusuf Ali: "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.

Shakir: Those who believe and whose hearts are set at rest by the remembrance of Allah; now surely by Allah's remembrance are the hearts set at rest.

Muhammad Sarwar: and the faithful ones whose hearts are comforted by the remembrance of God. Remembrance of God certainly brings comfort to all hearts.

Mohsin Khan: Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah, Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.

Arberry: Those who believe, their hearts being at rest in God's remembrance -- in God's remembrance are at rest the hearts 
jogncartman View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Buddhism
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jogncartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2020 at 11:33am
I understand your anxiety and it is very difficult to get rid of it, but it is possible. 
LeoCasta View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Catholic
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeoCasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 1:24pm
I understand your anxiety and it is very difficult to get rid of it, but it is possible. You should relax a little, because any depression starts with a little anxiety, which only gets stronger every day and develops into panic attacks. 
Walkernor View Drop Down
Male islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walkernor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 1:49am
Actually I also have a deep anxiety now and don't know how to solve it.
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2021 at 1:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic