IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Advice on sibling  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice on sibling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ys165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on sibling
    Posted: 23 December 2018 at 10:44pm
Aslam Alaikum! I haven't spoken to my older brother since I was in elementary school. And through that time all the way until college he has done so many terrible things involving drugs and parental abuse and he even hit me twice. He used to choke my mom everyday right outside of my room. And now I am in college and my mom is constantly getting on my nerves telling me he wants to mend things and talk to me. So I spoke to him while he was in jail once and he never apologized for ruining my childhood and hurting my parents. However, my mom wants me to forgive him. Everytime I say no, she says that I'm just filled with jealousy. I don't understand her. He use to hurt her and she doesn't even care. Whats wrong with her? My father used to hurt her and she can't forgive him but she can forgive my brother who has been tormenting her for years. I just don't understand what I should do. I am literally crying right now while I am typing this. My heart aches at how biased she is towards him. Do I have a right to not forgive him? Is their some sort of Dua that I can make to help my mother understand how I feel without talking to her directly because she doesn't listen to what I have to say. Someone please help me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic