IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bidah/Innovation  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bidah/Innovation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bidah/Innovation
    Posted: 21 December 2018 at 1:03pm
A salaam as alaykum,

The biggest challenge to religion has always been innovated , deviant ideas introduced and straying from the initial teachings.

Today we have the following that was not done by the Prophet SAW or His SAW Companions RA but common place today. I would appreciate readers to add items in aid of my research:

# Mouloud Nabi,, celebrating the Prophets SAW birthday
# Reading Quran for the deceased, especially in the 3,7,100 nights
# Every Thursday night thikr
# Making shrines and visiting such shrines of "awliyah"

May Allah SWT have mercy on us all...
asep garutea View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2019 at 9:10am
Wa'alaikumussalaam, Ceo3,
The 4 items that you submitted are only the hilafiyah among Muslims, so I appealed to all Muslims not to split the Islamic ummah because of the hilafiyah. As we already known that it is strictly prohibited by Allah SWT and the Prophet Muhammad SAW.
Ceo3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2019 at 5:39am
Asalaams alaykum dear Asep,

Is it not better to speak about our differences and come to a common understanding then?
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2019 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Ceo3 Ceo3 wrote:

Asalaams alaykum dear Asep,

Is it not better to speak about our differences and come to a common understanding then?
Wa'alaykumussalam dear Ceo3,
That's true, indeed all differences should end in mutual agreement, according to the word of Allah in the Qoran (An Nisa' 4: 59)
But some of the people just follow their own desires that have been passed down from generation to generation so that it becomes a cultural habit in each group for them.
And this is one of the causes of divisions in the religious community.
Though divisions within the Ummah are forbidden by Allah and His Messenger.

Ceo3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2019 at 12:46am
As salaams alaykum,

Understood, the concern is some people dont know that these innovations are NOT part of Islam. Engaging in these innovations also lead to even worse pratices. I have seen people make sujud on a grave. Do you have these practices in Indonesia?

btw: Indonesia is alot in the news for bad things happening there ie earthquake, hurricane ect? Is this Allah swt punishment?
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 2:20am
Wa'alaykumussalam, Ceo3.
What you are saying is true that this will leads to worst even to the shirk behavior which Allah cannot forgive, because there is no demand from Allah and His Messenger. I often see it.
That is what I have previously told you that such behavior is one of the causes of divisions in Muslims. Though divisions within the Muslim community were strictly forbidden by Allah and His Apostle.
Allah Says:
فَتَقَطَّعُوْۤا اَمْرَهُمْ بَيْنَهُمْ زُبُرًا   ۗ  كُلُّ حِزْبٍۢ بِمَا لَدَيْهِمْ فَرِحُوْنَ
فَذَرْهُمْ فِيْ غَمْرَتِهِمْ حَتّٰى  حِيْنٍ
"Then they divided religious affairs into groups. Each group feels proud of what is in each of them, "
"So let them go astray until the appointed time."
(Al-Mu'minun 23: 53, 54)

As for the various disasters that have struck in my country, I do not know exactly whether it is a punishment from Allah or not, and only Allah is All-Knowing.
Thanks Ceo3

MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2019 at 12:26am

Wa Alaikum salam,

Good conversation.
Please forgive me if I seem to be pedantic (nit-picking Smile), but I just wanted to make a couple of observations:

Originally posted by Ceo3 Ceo3 wrote:

... btw: Indonesia is alot in the news for bad things happening there ie earthquake, hurricane ect? Is this Allah swt punishment?

Not necessarily. Punishment is not the only reason. Here is an explanation:

Originally posted by asep garutea asep garutea wrote:

... this will leads to worst even to the shirk behavior which Allah cannot forgive...

I am sure that this is just a lapse in concentration... but...

It is not Befitting to Allah SWT to use the term 'cannot' when referring to Him. Referring to Allah SWT is the only case (in the entire universe and beyond) where we never use the word 'cannot', simply because He told us in many verses in the Quran that He is Able to Do Anything and Everything. For example:

Quran [24:45]

Chapter (24) sūrat l-nūr (The Light)

Sahih International: Allah has created every [living] creature from water. And of them are those that move on their bellies, and of them are those that walk on two legs, and of them are those that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent.

Pickthall: Allah hath created every animal of water. Of them is (a kind) that goeth upon its belly and (a kind) that goeth upon two legs and (a kind) that goeth upon four. Allah createth what He will. Lo! Allah is Able to do all things.

Instead of saying Allah Cannot, It is better to say: ... "that Allah SWT will not (or does not) Forgive, according to (for example) verse":

Quran [4:48]

Chapter (4) sūrat l-nisāa (The Women)

Sahih International: Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin.

Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garutea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2019 at 1:20am
اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَوَبَرَكَاتُهُ

Yes MIAW, Allah Ta'ala will not forgive the sin of Shirk as in An Nisa 4: 48, Al Maidah 5: 72, etc.
Unless the person who commits shirk is immediately converted before his death.
(Al Furqan 25: 70)

From Anas bin Malik r.a. that the Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam said:
الظلمُ ثلاثةٌ ، فظُلمٌ لا يغفرُهُ اللهُ ، وظلمٌ يغفرُهُ ، وظلمٌ لا يتركُهُ ، ف�£مّا الظلمُ الذي لا يغفرُهُ اللهُ فالشِّركُ ، قال اللهُ : إِنَّ الْشِّرْكَ لَظُلْمٌ عَظِيمٌ ، و�£مّا الظلمُ الذي يغفرُهُ اللَّهُ فَظُلْمُ العبادِ �£نفسُهمْ فيما بينهُمْ وبينَ ربِّهمْ ، و�£مّا الظلمُ الّذي لا يتركُهُ اللهُ فظُلمُ العبادِ بعضُهمْ بعضًا حتى يَدِينَ لبعضِهِمْ من بعضٍ
“There are three kinds of tyranny: the wrongdoing that Allah does not forgive, the wrongdoing that Allah forgives and the wrongdoing that Allah cannot allow.
The tyranny that Allah does not forgive is shirk.
The cruelty that Allah forgives is the wrongdoing of a servant in himself, between him and Allah.
As for the wrongdoing which Allah cannot possibly allow, is the injustice of the servant to others until the wrongdoing is paid (repent). "
(Narrated by Abu Daud Ath Thayalisi [2223], Abu Nu'aim in Al Hilyah [6/309], honored by Al Albani in Sahih Al Jami 'no. 3961).

Hopefully we will be among those servants of Allah who love to help in kindness and devotion.
�£مين يارب العالمين

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic