IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Radio, TV & Film
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Three Faiths: One God (Wow!)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Three Faiths: One God (Wow!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Three Faiths: One God (Wow!)
    Posted: 13 April 2006 at 8:13am

I was sitting at home last night, bored and decided to watch some educational TV after Deal, No Deal.  Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm such a barbarian.   When I noticed the Utah Educational Network or KUEN was showing a program called Three Faiths: One God about Judaism, Christianity and Islam.  It was quite possibly the best program I have seen in years. 

The first hour was about the similarities and differences in the three religions with the focus mainly on the similarities.  I watched a Jewish Rabbi declare Muhammed (pbuh) to be "THE GREATEST PROPHET GOD SENT TO THE GENTILES" and many other very wonderful statements were made by priests, ministers, rabbis, imams and scholars.

The second hour was about building interfaith coalitions, it touched on 9/11 and Daniel Pearl.  Neither was negative towards Islam, if anything there was emphasis to show Islam in a positive light.  The two best scenes were an interfaith youth group from Chicago tutoring refugee children.  The second was an Imam teaching Salah to a Christian Sunday school full of children and adults.

You can view the show if you're in the Utah area April 15th at midnight.  Or you can purchase the video for $29.95 from their website below.  If any of you have a chance to see this program.  Please, please, please do so.  I just kept saying Wow, most of the night.  It was entrancing.

http://www.uen.org/tv/cgi-bin/whatson_series.cgi?nola1=TFOG& amp;channel_id=2

lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:04pm
man, if it was that good i should definately organize a screening for that film.  thanx!
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:18pm

It was very good.  I would definitely recommend a screening.  There is information on how to contact them for permission to play the film for the public or in schools. 

It was one of the best interfaith shows I've ever seen about the Abrahamic Faiths.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 3:03pm

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Notice to the Press
Office of the Spokesman

Washington, DC
April 25, 2006

"Three Faiths, One God" Documentary Clip Showing and Discussion

The Department of State will show select clips of the documentary "Three Faiths, One God," a documentary by Washington producers Gerald Krell and Meyer Odze, followed by an expert panel discussion and audience Q and A on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 from 12:00-1:00 p.m. in the Department�s Dean Acheson Auditorium.

Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs Karen Hughes will make opening remarks on the importance of interfaith dialogue. While this panel will look at Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, the State Department advocates for the freedom of all people to worship according to their religion and conscience. The Department does not endorse the views portrayed in this film, but is interested in promoting an open exchange of different perspectives. Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights and Labor Barry Lowenkron will moderate the discussion. Panelists include:

Ambassador Akbar Ahmed is heavily engaged in the Buxton Initiative which brings together professional Muslims and Christians in America for discussion. Additionally, he is the former High Commissioner of Pakistan to Great Britain and currently Ibn Khaldun Chair of Islamic Studies and professor of international relations at American University in Washington, DC.

Rabbi David Rosen is President of the World Conference on Religion and Peace (WCRP), the all-encompassing world inter-faith body (incorporating fifteen religions in over fifty countries), and is a charter member of the International Advisory Committee of the Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions (CPWR). He is also the International Director of Inter-religious Affairs of the American Jewish Committee.

Imam Yahya Hendi, is the Muslim chaplain at Georgetown University. Mr. Hendi is also the Imam of the Islamic Society of Frederick and the Muslim Chaplain at the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD. His other work includes being a member and the Spokesman of the Islamic Jurisprudence Council of North America as well as directing the PEACE (Public Education and Assistance Conference) office of the Muslim American Society.

Reverend Clark Lobenstine serves as the Executive Director of the InterFaith Conference of Metropolitan Washington (IFC) and Parish Associate (volunteer assistant minister) at the Silver Spring Presbyterian Church. He is a founding member of the Washington Metropolitan Dialogue and is Secretary of D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams' Interfaith Council.

This event will be open to the press.

Pre-set for cameras: 11:15 a.m. from the 23rd Street entrance.
Final access for all press: 11:45 a.m. from the 23rd Street entrance.

Media representatives may attend this event upon presentation of one of the following: (1) a U.S. Government-issued identification card (Department of State, White House, Congress, Department of Defense, or Foreign Press Center), (2) a media-issued photo identification card, or (3) a letter from their employer on letterhead verifying their employment as a journalist, accompanied by an official photo identification (driver�s license or passport).

2006/410

Released on April 25, 2006
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 4:42pm

Jazakallah Khair sister for bringing this to our attention.

I think this is the same film you are talking about, available on Amazon with free shipping!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BNZP1A/qid=1152574616/s r=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-6981427-6825542?s=dvd&v=glance& n=130

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic