IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - stuggling to balance marriage and parents  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stuggling to balance marriage and parents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hparvez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stuggling to balance marriage and parents
    Posted: 26 November 2018 at 2:53am
Salaam everyone,

I have a question that i just need some guidance on. I have been married a year alhamdulilah, its been tough but we are happily married and are staying at my parents. i feel a lot of pressure trying to manage everything and i feel like im going to explode e.g. me and my wife make a decision and my parents always have to taunt me or act like they are doing me a favour and sometimes it is vice versa with the wife.

i just need my parents support  and postive words but i always get the cultural response from them. i cant afford to move out yet and alhamudiliah my wife understands but i do not tell her how they respond when she is not there as it will effect their reputation as parents.

i have tried to talk to them but they say we are  your parents and we are always right and we should understand them. shouldnt the parents understad their children too?

i appreciate your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic