IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - halal meat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

halal meat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
alabama2010 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabama2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: halal meat
    Posted: 09 September 2010 at 6:56pm
I really prefer kosher chicken at kosher new york if you are lucky enough to have one nearby. It is kosher and kosher organic chicken is better than any in the shops that I bought from the halal stores. :D
mariacanadiana View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariacanadiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 6:18am

you live in toronto! you are so lucky, you have no excuse to not eat halal, its everywhere!

in novascotia we have 1 halal groceryshop and 1 halal restaurant, both in Halifax. I miss pizza! When I go to TO the first thing I do is hit the halal pizza joints :) mmmmm.....pizzaaaaaaaaa

Edited by mariacanadiana - 18 December 2008 at 6:23am
Saad_Aamir View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saad_Aamir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 10:35pm
Thank you my brother,thank you very much indeed i am now know that what i think it rite in my religious and again thank you.Big%20smile
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Saad_Aamir Saad_Aamir wrote:

Asalam-o-alikum

i am only 13 year old but i saw some videos about people harming animal badly before they are killed and send to store or killed to be cooked like e.g KFC ,gives some drugs to chicken to make them not grow feathers and beaks and they are in alot of pain so eating such meat is halal or haram?

and does in any muslim country will they sell the same meat as KFC of america .

Thank u for reading

Hi there. The meat used in most Fast Food chains in Muslim countries is Halal. That is a prerquisite for them operating. HOWEVER, there are so called 'Muslim' countries which have non-halal as well e.g Turkey etc. So you need to know which Country it is ur talking abt.

MOST muslim countries , Pakistan, UAE, Egypt, Malaysia etc all have Halal foodchains.

Thier meat either comes from local halal suppliers or is sometimes imported from Halal Slaughter-House/Suppliers in places like South Africa for example. The responsible thing to do, is simply to ask.

In SOME countries, Malaysia and Turkey for example . . . Pork, Non-Halal, Alchohol are legal due to the presence of non-muslim locals. In that case, one should look for the Halal label . . .or simply ask. If a store serves Pork . . . its safe to say its Non-Halal since they may be using the same utensils for cooking and may contaminate. Alcohol however is a debatable issue. Some say its ok to eat in a resturaunt serving alchohol, but halal meat. Others say its better to stay away on principle. Depends on person's taqwa and what point of view they take.

As for your question about the drugs and artificial feed for Chickens. . . I agree with u there ..its awful. Technically, it goes Islamic injunctions. . .bcz Chickens shd not be fed Feed that includes blood and dead-remains of other chickens, niether should they be kept in unsanitory, cruel conditions. That is Animal Cruelty - hence unislamic. . . UNFORTUNATLEY this is practised ALL over the world. Including Muslim countries. . . ideally we should not be eating that . . . but its impossible to escape it. Bcz unless ur willing to live without chicken for the rest of ur life, u hav to eat, cz no other option. Unfort, free-range and organic has yet to catch up in many muslim states bcz unfort we're turning to the western meat-producing ways.

The only way to avoid that is make our voices heard to the govt, or buy halal organic/free-range if ur country has that option.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

I really like the kosher chicken sold by trader joes, if you are lucky enough to have one nearby. There is kosher and kosher organic, it is nicer than ANY chicken I have bought from the halal stores. I buy the goat at a halal market and it is really nice, and also some beef. But far and away the best beef is grass fed naturally raised and as yet the halal markets have not yet caught on. It is cleaner, healthier, tastier ect. So I buy that from a health food store and it is not halal, however I know it lived on a clean farm and ate grass the way ALLAH Pak intended cattle to feed. So I think it is more halal than a dirty animal that ate animal byproducts mixed with its own feces and was simply slaughtered the halal way in the end. Peace

I apologize in advance if I offend you, but I had to say something just so other ppl out there dont assume that wht u mentioned was islamic.

If you have an option of Halal Chicken and Beef etc, then Islamically speaking, THAT is what should be the Muslim's preference. And in that case, eating Kosher for the heck of it, just bcz it is organic or free-range or 'tastes better' is NOT halal i.e permissible.

Perhaps the Halal Market will catch on to the Free-Range, Organic fad if ppl WRITE to them or inform them of thier choice/preference. In todays day and age, consumers rule the market. Make your preference HEARD. If the Halal  supplier does not know that Muslim consumers want organic/free-ranfe options how will he supply it?

Saying that its ok to eat non-halal Free-Range just because the cow lived a life Allah intended it to is wrong. You have an option . . .go for Halal. Allah also intended for us Muslims to eat Halal i.e Zabihah food and He expects us to respect that. I agree with you on the Vulgar-Inhumane and Unsanitory conditions of many meat-packing/slaughter houses. If that repels you . . . dont buy beef fullstop. Its not healthy anyway. . . we all know that. Poultry and Fish is much much healthier. You mention u opt for free-range non-halal bcz of the healthy factor, so dont buy beef.

I'm not condemning you for buying non-halal . . .thats your personal preference, and I would not even have spoken unless you had posted in the midst of a halal vs non-halal discussion, since it seems you're justifying your choice Islamically. Again, I apologize for any disrespect.

Regards,
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 1:41pm
First of all . . .it is NOT haram to eat meat bought at a non-muslim store. Do not propogate misinformation pl. UNLESS you KNOW that the meat is not Zabihah, i.e halal. There are many non-muslim stores that keep and sell Halal and Zabihah (Or Kosher) meat for thier Muslim/Jewish customers. Im not saying that u assume every nonmuslim store has halal meat. . .

Secondly, the McDonalds etc in USA do NOT serve Halal meat. So please refrain from eating meat there (which btw includes chicken. Some muslims think that only beef is considered halal/nonhalal) You have several options of non-meat dishes like Fillet-O-Fish, Veggie Burgers and what not. Just like someone mentioned here, not having a Big Mac will not kill you :p Unless ofcourse your resturaunt states, claims or says they have Halal.

There are basically 2 conditions for Halal meat, it needs to be slaughtered (i.e blood needs to flow out of animal) and the Kalima has to be pronounced (amongst other things, i.e money should be of halal means as well etc etc)

Someone mentioned that it is okay to eat the meat served by People Of the Book . . . would like to clarify furthur . . .  The verse was targetting the notion that ppl used to have that non-muslims were unclean etc and so thier food was not permissable. (and is reffering to Kosher probably) The verse is referring that it is perfectly fine to dine with people of the book  and eat thier food with them, even if it be in the same plate. As far as the meat is considered . .  .it is permissable to eat thier meat AS LONG AS IT IS ZABIHAH. (i.e as long as the animal was slaughtered and blood flowed out, becuase blood is unclean to ingest, and a haven for germs/bacteria)

If however, it is clear knowledge that the animal was not slaughetered, and was merely choked,suffocated etc to death then the meat is HARAM. The safest option would be to eat Kosher meat . .  i.e by the Jews. Because Jews also slaughter thier meat and have a proper slaughtering process for that. Kosher Meat is considered a second option. I.e if you do not have access to Halal Meat, you can have Kosher . . .eat it after pronouncing Allah's name. (bismillah) However . .  . better only to have it if u've been without Halal meat for long.

So to break it down.

1. If you dont find Halal meat . . . opt for vegetarian, or Fish or other seafood. If you have an alternative of Kosher (bcz it fulfills the slaughtering criteria, just not the kalima one), you can have that as well, after pronouncing Kalima.

2. Just pronouncing bismillah on ANY non-halal food does NOT make it halal and okay to eat. Especially since there are SO MANY options available to us.

3. If you are stranded, and reeeally hungry and do not have or will not have access to EITHER Kosher or Halal for sometime. Also, u do not have the option of fish, veggies, etc etc and ONLY meat is available. Then you can go ahead and have non-halal meat (but enough to pull u through). Non-Halal meat is preferable in such instances to Pork.

4. If all other options have failed, and u are trapped in a broom-closet for days on end without food and only Pork to eat. Then subhanallah, you can have Pork as well. but enough to help u survive. The reason I put that as a Joke is bcz unless we are going someplace isolated . . . we ALWAYS have alternatives to non-halal. In todays day and age. . . .

Edited by Chrysalis - 05 June 2008 at 1:45pm
Saad_Aamir View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saad_Aamir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 8:13am
Asalam-o-alikum

i am only 13 year old but i saw some videos about people harming animal badly before they are killed and send to store or killed to be cooked like e.g KFC ,gives some drugs to chicken to make them not grow feathers and beaks and they are in alot of pain so eating such meat is halal or haram?

and does in any muslim country will they sell the same meat as KFC of america .

Thank u for reading

DigitalStorm82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 8:13pm
Asalamu Alaikum

There is a difference between halaal food, and zubiah food.  Zubiah is the slaughtering of the animal with islamic principles...

Halal meat includes the ahl al-kitab... meaning the meat of the jews and christians.

It is prefered that you eat zubiah food if you can get your hands on it.  But many sheikhs have issued fatwas allowing people living in non-muslim countries to eat meat of the people of the scriptures.

Ma'Salama,
Hamid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic