IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - halal meat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

halal meat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohamedanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: halal meat
    Posted: 12 April 2006 at 3:21pm

I live in the state , i got used to buying meat from super market and eating outside (mc donald and other fast food ). is it ok to eat that as long as you say bissmillah before , or is it haram to eat meat if it`s not from a muslim store .

Edited by mohamedanis
BrutalHonesty View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrutalHonesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 8:28pm
haram since halal is available and it will not kill you to be without meat.
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 5:12am
it is haram to eat meat from a non muslim store
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 8:59am
Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

it is haram to eat meat from a non muslim store

what if the non-muslim store sells halah meat?

because I get my meat from non-muslim store, but its halal
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 9:08am
In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Consuming unlawful (haram) meat becomes permissible only when one�s life is threatened in that one fears death. As such, consuming Haram meat will remain unlawful even in countries where Halal meat is not easily available.

Allah Most High says:

He (Allah) has only forbidden upon you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name has been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, then he is guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.� (Surah al-Baqarah, 173)

Therefore, it will not be sufficient to merely pronounce the name of Allah on the meat and then consume it; rather, all the necessary conditions for a valid slaughter must be fulfilled, even in countries such as Brazil.

If one is unable to obtain Halal meat, then one will have to do with fish, vegetables and other types of Halal food.

And Allah knows best

Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari
Darul Iftaa, Leicester, UK

you may find this helpful

click here
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 6:58am
Dear brother or sister,

In my opinion, you cannot say that it is haram to eat outside or buy meat from supermarket. The reason why I say this is because, It says that we can eat the meat of the people of the book. Why should we restrict what is not forbidden? It says that we should not eat the meat that is strangled or meat that was killed by another animal. But if you say Bismiallah, I am sure it is fine. If halal meat is available, support your brother or sister and buy from them.If not, it is not haram for you to go to the store and buy what you like, as long as it is not pork. It is up to you. Allah knows best. Sincerely, your sister in Islam.

Edited by Danty
Meryem View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meryem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 7:20am

salam,

the prophet PBU said that it is ok , if a person is in a hard situation or if he has not a choice , it is ok for him to say bissmillah and start eating with the right hand

allah knows,,

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Meryem Meryem wrote:

salam,

the prophet PBU said that it is ok , if a person is in a hard situation or if he has not a choice , it is ok for him to say bissmillah and start eating with the right hand

allah knows,,

then I guess we all are stupid here in Canada. Iam going to KFC to get me a big bucket !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic