IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - terrorists  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

terrorists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 5:01pm

Originally posted by dude289 dude289 wrote:

will the "terrorists" of 911 go to heaven or to hell for there hypocracy?  were they really performing jihad?

There is a problem with that word unless you want to define it first. Once there is a correct definition which you know what it is - than you can label someone or a group as a terrorist. And if I or any of us find it that you labeled them wrongly than anyone or people will correct you.

You can do it here in this board if you want and it is an opportunity for you define what terror is, than we can continue. Do you have time for this? 

Edited by superme
dude289 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 8:06pm
terror-intense fear.  Terrorist-one who performs acts of terrorism.  Terrorism-The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons. On this discussion board my many people have agreed that the people involved in the atatcks of 911 were going against many laws, including the laws of Islam. Islam does not support wrongful violence agaist innocents.  the people nvolved in 911 did use violence and performed a act of terrorism.  Do you understand my meaning?
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2006 at 8:11pm

[QUOTE=dude289] Terrorism-The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons. QUOTE]

According to this meaning, the U.S. government could be considered terrorists for the invasion of Iraq.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

[QUOTE=dude289] Terrorism-The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons. QUOTE]

According to this meaning, the U.S. government could be considered terrorists for the invasion of Iraq.

I read the other day that Bush plans to coerce Iran with an pre-emptive strike against Iran if it pulls out of its nuclear agreements and start up activities.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 5:14am
I haven't heard anything since then so maybe its wrong.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 8:04am

Originally posted by dude289 dude289 wrote:

terror-intense fear.  Terrorist-one who performs acts of terrorism.  Terrorism-The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Human were created with such ability that when one person want to convey to another he or she can only used word for it without resort to any physical activity. Language is the tool we suppose to use.

I have been asking people to define the word "terror" now for few years, and you are the first to give the definition. Do you know dude289 that the definition of terror still under discussion in the UN? And at the moment the US is trying to influence the definition so that all American and Israel military activities are not cover in that definition. You don't believe me? (I read it few months ago in internet news site, I think it was yahoo.)

If you were forwarding this definition in the court of law I will ask you to explain what do you mean by the "unlawful" above. Can you tell us the meaning of it?

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 5:07pm

Currently, the definition of unlawful would seem to me defined by those who use the phrase. In the case of the U.S., they would put forth that what they do they have every right to do as a sovereign nation, even if these action encroach upon the sovereignity and human rights of other nations and peoples.

Since the world has become a global citizenry, and we can travel from one end to the other in a matter of hours, then I would venture to say that the opinion of the majority would/should hold sway. Thus the U.N. and the World Court would have a distinct advantage.

However, both of these bodies have held forth that the Israeli occupation of Phalesteen is an unlawful occupation, making the Israelis and those entities that support them the terrorists. So why are the Phalesteenians still being held up as terrorists?

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 3:00am
(1)Recently, I read an article written by the American Jews Community. It says : "Will you feel safe if Iran has nuclear weapon?"

(2)If I could reply, I would ask : Will you feel safe if your neighbour is Jew? Or will you feel safe if Jews have nuclear weapon?

My answer for number (2) is ARMAEGEDDON.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic