IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hi Sisters & Brothers/ please advice  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi Sisters & Brothers/ please advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sal0734 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Sisters & Brothers/ please advice
    Posted: 09 November 2018 at 5:05am
Hello, I recently starting conversing with an amazing man who is a devout
Muslim. I am in my late 30’s & he is mid 40’s. We are both highly educated & very successful in our careers. We do not live in same state so have not met. I am in Atlanta & he is Fort Worth. I am non Muslim but deeply started contemplating the declaration of his faith after talking with him. He is originally from Egypt. He is kind, gentle, humble & has strongest morals & integrity which I admire & these qualities are very attractive to me plus he is very attractive. His strong family bond warms my heart & what I yearn for. After a week of talking I opened up to him which has been typically hard for me in the past with certain people. I think God sends people into a persons for a reason, rather it be temporarily or permanently.
During the first few weeks we texted & talked about so much and shared many things with each other about our lives. I have been divorced for a few years and due to things I have had a hard time trusting men due to my divorce & circumstances that led up to It. I told him this. After a few weeks of texting/talking he told me I was an awesome lady but he did not things would work because he was looking for someone of his own faith & interfaith mixing would make things to complicated. I replied with I understand & respect his decision. I did ask if
we could remain friends and he mentor me through my journey on contemplating conversion which he agreed. I let him know if he met someone I’m sure communication would cease as not be right. I’m very new with relationships bc not Been In one since my divorce a few years ago. He is also divorced and knew his Muslim wife for only a few months before they married in his early 20’s.
However our texts are of much different context. He really does not intiate conversation and answers with very short straight to point responses. I let him know I admired him
and & was thankful have such a caliber, high integrity friend as him & hoped could chat again. He responded he was very busy. I think I may need to distance myself for a few days. I dont understand why our conversations went
stagnant? If he not interested in continuing guide me would he let me know? The fact that we clicked so well I felt relieved but know I am not fully ready for marriage yet which is what he is looking for. Ideally I hope we can continue to speak periodically but do not want to come across as clingy. I would so marry this man in a heartbeat but I have few things get past due to my divorce and my hope is help guide me and learn more about each other but due to how conversations been I not sure if he is just being nice or what. Do I just give a few days no contact & see if I hear from him? Any advice would be appreciated. I was previously married to american man. Did I scare him off? I want to follow in his footsteps just as he follows prophet Mohammed. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic