IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Personal- Interracial Marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Personal- Interracial Marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote em6289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Personal- Interracial Marriage
    Posted: 03 October 2018 at 4:37pm
Salam,

I am in my early 20's and I have been very close with someone for the last 4 years. He is Pakistani. At first his mother was unhappy and very reluctant because they're very strict with marrying Pakistanis only, but she seemed to have come around. Me and this man had decided that we would be taking care of both of our parents inshallah. I have no brothers, and I am the oldest so I always felt like this was naturally my responsibility. Upon learning this, she got furious and said it's not part of Pakistani culture for the girl to take care of her parents and that I should either have ask one of my other sisters to take care of my parents, or look for someone new to marry. As a result, she is very furious and wants us to end any plans we have of getting married. Please advise on what to do. I feel very hurt that someone would tell me to abandon my parents, therefore, I am furious with his mother and don't even feel like I want to pursue this any longer. She feels like a very disgusting type of person to me. However, this man (mashallah) is someone that I value highly in my life and would definitely see myself being very happy with. We have the same ideologies and he is just as furious with his mother for feeling this way about my parents. I really don't want to give up this and I really love him- but I feel like I have to choose between my parents and a husband. And in all honesty, I cannot choose a man over my parents. We decided to simply tell his mother for the time being that I have decided against taking care of my parents, then running our home the way we want after marriage. However, I feel that since she has already started in a repulsive manner and, that she is going to be very problematic in our marriage. What should I do?

Jazakallhu-kheir.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic