IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage Matters  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage Matters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NanieSidek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage Matters
    Posted: 15 September 2018 at 9:58pm
Assalamualaikum

I've been married for 20yrs with 3 childrens (all in teenage). I'm a working mother and I do cooking almost everyday for the family. My husband been spending his time mostly with his mobile phone. He will stay in the study room most of the time and will come out only when its time for lunch & dinner. Otherwise, he will be busy attending to his motorcycle. We only talk when he had something to ask. Other than that he prefer to pay more attention to his mobile phone.

He no longer sit with family to watch TV and just have a family chat. By the way, he was not close at all to the children. What saddened me, he prefer to ask about the children through me instead of direct communication with them even if we are all at home. He had a bad temper too and hardly talk nicely to me. Its very difficult for me to have a discussion with him cause, we ended up with an argument and disagreement instead of a solution. 

Hence, I stopped doing that cause I know it wont' end in a positive way. Whenever we went out for a movie or shopping, he will be in a hurry to go home. I am so confused with him. Felt we were so far apart and no longer understand each other. I do not know how to pretend to be happy if deep down inside, I felt so hurt. I love him and I love this family too. But seeing him treating this family this way, I do not know what to do.

I've tried many ways to help improve the situation but I did not see him make an effort to work things out. I did not see that he is serious about rebuilding this marriage that is on the verge of breaking up. He seems to be acting as if he is not married to this family.

Please advise me what more can I do. I'm in the middle of giving up or holding on and hope for miracles to happen.

Dr. Aslam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Aslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2019 at 5:16pm
Wa alaikum,
Have direct communication with him on this. Talk to him about your concerns. Talk to him about various options. Talk to him politely and firmly. 
Things would inshallah improve.
Aslam
Best Regards,
Aslam Abdullah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic