IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Purifying home from previous tenant's dog trace? P  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Purifying home from previous tenant's dog trace? P

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purifying home from previous tenant's dog trace? P
    Posted: 24 August 2018 at 9:25pm
Assalam Alaikum, 
I will be renting a place that's previous tenant has at least one dog. I am very concerned about the najasa aspect and how to purify the home that it is causing me great stress. No, there was no option of finding rent with no dogs previously.  How do I go about Islamically to purify it from any traces of najasa from the dog(s)? How do I purify the fridge? Tiles? What about the cabinets? Dryer and washer? Dishwasher? Carpet? Closet? Bathroom? Walls? How do I go about disinfecting and purifying all these areas? Is it different than regular cleaning since a dog lived there and used all those areas and possibly even urinated in carpet/other areas? I really need to use the washer in it as soon as I get there because we don't have any washer and dryer in our current place. Do I really need to clean the washer by turning it on with soap seven times? Or is there a easier way to go about purifying the washer and the rest of the areas? 
Anyone with this problem before, please help. I don't want to be concerned about not having my prayers accepted and being afraid of losing my wudu when touching cabinets, walls, fridge, etc. 
May Allah reward you for your efforts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic