IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In a relationship with an ex-muslim.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In a relationship with an ex-muslim.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nurin99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In a relationship with an ex-muslim.
    Posted: 18 August 2018 at 4:46am
Hi, i met H like 3 month ago. In my country, religion is mainly refered to race. What i meant is that there is a stereotypical assumption, that if you're chinese, for example, you must be either a christian or a budhist. In my case, H and I are both Malays, and here, malays are all muslims. We talked everyday and seems to connect right away.
A few weeks later he told me that he is an atheist. Not officially ofcoarse as it is very hard in my country for aa person to convert from a muslim to any other religion. Of course it was a shock to me and we broke it off for a while as we both understood that this is going nowhere.
He is a problematic soul and he told me thag it had been 10 years since he left being a muslim and been practicing non-muslim lifestyle ever since (eating pork, sex and alcohol).
He told me the reason why he left islam is because he felt that, to him, Allah s.w.t is a cruel god that would condemn anyone who would betray him. To him, when the god is refered to ar-rahim, he would love any of his creation even if they commited sins. To his point of view, he does not like the idea of god to have power over his creation and to punish anyone whk disobeyed him. So that is why he left.
When i asked if anyone knew about hom, he said none, as we both knew what he would faced if he wenf public. His parents would be crushed.in my oppinion i think he felt oppressed as his family was very poor when he was younger. He probably felt that no one helped him. He was also diagnosed with asperger when he was a child and also have deression.
Nonetheless, i think he's a great guy. He repsected me as a muslim, never take advantage of me.I would like to ask if i should leave him because of his view. Or is there any possibilities at all he would have a changed mindset. If there is one, please teach me how. I would love it if anyone could share me thier advice on the matter. Tahnk you 😊
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic